DUMB AND DUMBER

April 8th, 2021
Seoul, South Korea
9:30 PM

"Do you have something to drink?" He asked, voice soft and careful. Jimin nodded timidly, the crying stopped a little while ago, but his throat still wouldn't cooperate every time he wanted to say something, instead, he only lifted his hand and pointed a finger in the direction of his kitchen.

Yoongi gave him one last glance before disappearing behind the counter and leaving him alone with the small child who kept giving him worried looks.

Jimin was ashamed.

Embarrassed to say the least.

After breaking down in front of musician and the small child accompanying him, they offered to take him home.

Jimin was sitting down on the far end of the couch, his feet pulled up to the back of his thighs, and his head propped up on his knees. He could feel the little girl staring at him from the other side of the couch, a million questions were probably running through her small mind.

"Oppa, why are you sad?" Finally, she asked.

Jimin jerked up and looked at her curious face, he gulped and thought of a proper answer for her.

"I-I didn't dance the way I was supposed to," he looked down at his toes as he spoke, "I was supposed to do very very good so that I could be a very important role in a performance, but I don't think I will be able to now."

"You didn't mess up! It was awesome! I want to be a ballerina like you when I grow up," she gave him an all too familiar gummy smile, "Do you think I can do it?"

He stared at her wide eyed, his mouth slightly opened, a sudden warmth started to spread across his chest, "Was it really good?" She nodded, "I think you will get the spot you want, you looked like a butterfly!" The sound of her laughter was infectious, Jimin found himself smiling.

"Do you really want to learn to dance?" He asked, his eyes still a bit red from the shed tears, "Yes! I wanted to do soccer back home but Yoongi oppa wouldn't let me because he said I could get hurt," she pouted.

"Do you think he will let you dance then? You can still get injured by dancing," he said.

To be honest, he was actually enjoying having a conversation with the child. He enjoyed talking about dance, and he also wanted to encourage her to follow her heart if that was what she wanted to do.

He felt like a role model.

"I don't know, should I ask him?"

"I think-"

"OPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAA!" She yelled, Yoongi came running into the living room with two mugs in his hands, "What's wrong?!"

"Can I take ballet lessons?" She asked.

"Did you yell just because of that? I thought something was seriously wrong Hye Jin-ah! Don't do that again!!! And no!" He said.

"Why??????" She whined.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt! What if you break a leg?" He asked.