TYING UP LOOSE ENDS

April 10, 2021
Seoul, South Korea 
4:00 PM

He knew it could happen. He knew the possibility of getting hurt. However, he still couldn't bring himself to regret the day he'd chose getting involved with him. They were friends. He was vulnerable just as himself. Both were emotionally unstable, both in desperate need of someone to make them forget. It was a good idea. They both benefited from it and never did they think they would hurt each other knowingly.

Hoseok is tired. Working a 16 hour night shift was exhausting of course, but that wasn't the sole reason of his exhaustion. His thoughts kept running around and around inside his head. He started by reliving the night of the breakup with Taehyung. He doesn't remember much but he does remember the startled look on Jungkook's face when he saw them kissing at a club. He can remember the feeling of betrayal and the way the skin on his knuckles broke everytime he punched the concrete walls. He remembers waking up to an empty bed, Taehyung no longer in sight.

His thoughts wander off to the time he saw Jimin perform at the end of the year showcase. It was several months after Yoongi had disappeared, when he left Jimin broken to the point of no repair. He can paint a clear mental image of the way Jimin expressed the desperation for his love, his yearning, for him to return to his side. He wore his heart on his sleeves that day, making Hoseok realize the similarities between them. He remembers storming through the halls after the performance and hugging Jimin tightly, he remembers the way he smiled and the way his eyes sparkled the way they used to before Yoongi left. He remembers the way Jimin thanked him for supporting him. He remembers how much Jimin cried after they had gone out to celebrate, how distressed he was when he talked about how much he wished Yoongi  had been in the audience.

Hoseok remembers taking a drunk Jimin home only to be asked to stay. Eyes pleading him to not leave. They did not get physical that night, but it was more than enough to make him realize how much he missed having someone sleep next to him.

His thoughts skip time, and suddenly he is in a car, Jimin sitting in the passenger seat bleeding from his head. Hoseok can see his chest rising and falling, he thinks that's a good thing. He hears the distant sound of an ambulance and police officers, a light flashing straight to his eyes, and a voice asking him if he knows what's going on. He remembers waking up in a white hospital room, the sound of the machines beeping steadily, a flower pot sitting on the counter by the window. He remember's the door sliding, revealing a disheveled Taehyung at the door.

Hoseok lifts his hand to his face to wipe away the tears that stroll down his cheek. That memory is one he wishes he could erase from his brain and heart forever.

He remembers asking why he is there and what Taehyung is doing there in the first place. He asks where Jimin is, and he clearly remembers Taehyung lowering his head and walking towards the bed. He had missed the feeling of Taehyung's hands, they grabbed a hold of his, his thumb rubbing softly over the spot where the IV is in place. He remembers the way Taehyung's voice broke when he told him Jimin had suffered a small case of temporary amnesia, he clearly remembers the way his heart dropped. More than anything, he remembers the time the doctor walked in the room and broke the news to him. He would no longer be able to dance. His dreams shattered right in front of him that day. He felt he had no one else to give him a reason to wake up every morning. Taehyung was long gone, Jimin had probably lost all of his memories, and now his dreams of dancing had gone down the drain along with everything else.

Hoseok's depression became more profound, however, it took a turn for the better when Jimin kissed him out of the blue on one Tuesday morning at his rehab facility. Jimin's memories had come back, he remembered almost everything. Hoseok attended rehab until he learned how to use his leg again. With the support of Jimin and his other friends, he was able to overcome depression. He remembers how proud Jimin was when Hoseok told him he'd gotten a job at the rehab facility helping other people walk again like himself. He also members the time when Jimin had his first showcase at the academy that he's in at the moment.

He grins sadly, turning his body to the side of the bed and laughs bitterly at the thought of Jimin    practicing until 2 in the morning on his routine, he remembers how frustrated Jimin  was when he was not getting one step right. He cries harder when he remembers the time Jimin dedicated his first dance as a ballerino to him. He remembers the way Jimin thanked him with his dance. Hoseok thought it was beautiful, and he couldn't help but be a bit envious of him because he could still dance.

Hoseok's memories replay in his mind over and over again, he cries harder and harder, unable to stop the hot tears trailing down in his hands.

He feels a warm body lay next to him, a small arm wrapping around his waist. He cries even harder.

He knows he has to let go, he knows he can't keep Jimin from being truly happy, he wonders if one day he will be able to find happiness for himself too.

"You're amazing Hoseokie, you deserve the world," Jimin  whispers, Hoseok can hear him sniffle, he must be crying too, "If anyone out there deserves to be happy, its you Hobi," he finishes.

Their sobs echo through their shared room, and Hoseok can't help but ask what will happen now. Will he move out? Will it work out between Yoongi and Jimin? What will happen if it doesn't work out?

Jimin tells him they will cross that bridge when they get there, and that life is all about taking risks. "We have to screw up to be able to learn and grow, we're too young to be limiting ourselves... " he says.

Hoseok makes Jimin promise that he will do everything in his power to lead a happy life, which Jimin grabs his pinky finger and wraps his own with it securely, he smiles sadly at him, but Hoseok knows it's genuine, "I promise, but only if you promise to do so too," he says.

Though Hoseok can't help feeling sad, he still tightens his finger around Jimin's pinky and promises not only to him but also to himself, that he will lead a happy life, no matter what.

//Cries in Korean, English, Spanish, and Giberissh//

I'm not crying, I'm not crying, please don't cry! T-T

Anyways, this will be the last of Jihope for this story, and Yoonmin will get more domestic and most angst coming up ahead...

Y'all are not ready! I AM NOT READY EITHER!

But i hope you guys like this chapter!

-Here's a cute picture of our sunshine, please love him a lot okay? <3