PERSEVERANCE

May 26, 2021
Seoul, South Korea
8:00 AM

For the past weeks, it's become a routine of waking up, getting dressed and spending the day in its entirety at the studio. Jimin doesn't mind, he knows that dreams sometimes requires making sacrifices. And if those sacrifices mean losing sleep, eating nothing but fluids, and dancing almost 12 hours with only a few fifteen minute breaks, he doesn't mind. He's willing to do that and much more.

Jimin still thinks about Yoongi, though Yoongi did take the time to contact him two weeks ago, they didn't talk much. Jimin understands, he's going through a a lot and he doesn't want to distract him with his own issues. He's willing to pretend that he's okay and that he doesn't miss him if that means that Yoongi won't worry about him.

He remembers the thirty minute call he received two Tuesdays ago, Yoongi told him that his sister was very shaken up but she was okay nonetheless, he also told him that he would be staying back in Canada, just until he figured out what to do. He remembers Yoongi telling him to wait for him, to have faith in him and that he'd come back to him. Jimin remembers telling him not to worry about him and to take care of himself. He told him he missed him but that he'd wait, he remembers holding back his tears so that Yoongi wouldn't be upset. He perfectly remembers Yoongi telling him he loved him with all his heart, and he also remembers how he tried so hard to play tough and smile even though Yoongi couldn't see him.

Jimin came to terms with the fact that moping around because of something that can't be helped will do nothing but hold him back from reaching his goals. He rehearsed nonstop for two full weeks until the show, his feet covered in blisters and a slight sprained ankle but he succeeded nonetheless. He managed to land a spot for Beauty and The Beast, and even the Nutcracker, the location for the shows were yet to be determined, but Jimin didn't have anything that would hold him back if traveling was required. Instead, he dedicated his full time in learning his roles.

July 20, 2021
Seoul, South Korea

Jimin's role for The Beauty and The Beast required him to do partner work. That's how he met Myoui Mina, a small petite ballerina with the prettiest hair he's ever seen. They clicked almost instantly, Jimin being smaller in frame didn't intervene with the lifting and carrying, therefore, they were able to fit perfectly with each other.

Mina was easy to dance with, she wasn't too stubborn, and she was able to keep up with Jimin's intense rehearsals. Although they didn't have much time outside of dance, they did hang out every once in awhile, sometimes they would go out to eat to Taehyung's cafe, or sometimes they would just decide on a movie night at Jimin's.

Jimin thinks it's nice having a friend. It helps when ever he's feeling nostalgic or the loneliness becomes to much when missing Yoongi. He told her about him, and she's been his support since then. Every time he gets sad and overworks himself, she's the one to call it quits and makes sure he gets enough rest. She sometimes jokes around and tells him that Yoongi won't like it if Jimin collapses from exhaustion. You can say that she's being a lot of help to him.

The show is in August, it will take place in Japan, and Jimin feels kind of giddy, he wishes he could see Yoongi in the audience cheering for him, but he knows that's just wishful thinking.

September 14, 2021
Tokyo, Japan

The show is a success.

Jimin takes his earned spot in the center of the stage, taking Mina's hand in his own, offering a radiating smile to her before bowing with the rest of the cast in front of the audience.

It's an amazing feeling.

But the person he yearns for is miles away.

November 29, 2021
New York, New York

The Nutcracker was decided to take place in New York about 3 months ago. Jimin's been working day and night perfecting his role, he's lost several pounds, his ribs are visible when he does the warm up routines and he has to raise up his hands, his jaw has become sharper than before, and although he feels beautiful in his costume, Taehyung had told him he looked like a skeleton before he boarded the plane to the U.S.

There's only a couple more weeks until the show, and Jimin thinks he's had enough.

He's been in the unfamiliar studio doing pirouettes, and repeating the routine for almost 10 hours, he's exhausted and nobody else is there to keep him moving. Mina stayed back in Japan since she couldn't join the Nutcracker cast, and the longing for Yoongi keeps increasing as the days go by. The texts and video calls don't do it anymore, specially when he's so close to where he is.

He shuffles across the wooden floor to grab hold of his backpack where his phone is in. When the screen lights up, his thumb hovers over the call button, he closes his eyes before pressing the key and holds the phone close to his ear.

The sound of the phone ringing plays three times before a raspy voice is heard on the line. Jimin bites his lip, overthinking of what he should say.

"Jimin?"

"Yoongi hyung,"

"Hey baby, what's going on?"

He hums, biting his lip before he speaks, "Im in the US. New York to be exact,"

"What?" Jimin sighs, "I've been here for about 2 weeks actually," he says.

Yoongi asks him why he didn't tell him sooner, and asks him why he's even there in the first place.

"I've got a role in The Nutcracker, it'll be in a couple weeks."

"That's amazing Jimin, I told you you could do it," Although Jimin cant see him, he knows that Yoongi is probably giving him a gummy smile. The warmth that spreads across his body is inevitable, oh how he wished he could see him in person.

"When is it? Is it too late to get tickets?" Yoongi asks all of a sudden.

"It is, sadly." Jimin grins when Yoongi whines quietly.

"You should have told me, we could have gone and seen you baby,"

"You can," he says with a smile, "I reserved you three seats with the best view, I didn't know if you would be available but I was hoping you would,"

Yoongi screams with joy, "Oh baby, You know I'll be there. I miss you so much!"

Jimin giggles at that, a few stray tears fall from his eyes, "I can't wait to see you," he cries.

"Just wait a little more baby," Jimin nods to himself, because yes. Just a little more and he'll be back in his arms again.