October Morning

Tasha rolled out of bed on an oddly chilly October Friday morning. This morning she didn't realize how much her life would change. She walked up the stairs with heavy feet and went straight for her closet and decided on a black hoodie with a random tank top she also pulled out a dark wash pair of skinny jeans. Once dressed she ran into the bathroom and tried to tame her very messy long brown hair. She pulled her hair up into a slightly messy ponytail and just left it. Tasha had never truly been a make up girl so she went makeup free to school. She gathered her materials plus a pair of headphones and threw them all into her book bag. She then grabbed her green duffel bag for after school and quickly grabbed her keys to her Ford pick up and sped off to school. 

When Tasha finally got to school she realized she had rushed for nothing and it was only 6:20. With a huff she walked over to the counter that she and her friends typically stood at. But when she turned the corner Oliver, a 6'2" curly black hair muscular athletic football player, was standing there. Tasha threw her stuff on the floor startling Oliver. Tasha being only 5'4"had to look up when talking to Oliver so when she had thrown her stuff down she looked up at him with a huge grin. Oliver with his big brown eyes always seemed to charm Tasha. When Tasha looked into Oliver's eyes she saw a flash a pain and hurting in his eyes. "Oliver are you okay?" Tasha asked calmly and out of the blue, Oliver blinked quickly and answered, "I'm just fine Tasha, Hey you coming to the game tonight? Or the party at Rod's house afterwards?" Tasha looked at him and shook her head saying no. Students slowly started ti trickle in and Oliver went on his way to find Courtney leaving Tasha alone. Even in the sea of students and staff she still felt alone. 

  The rest of the day had gone on and was a blur to Tasha. When the final bell rang she rushed out the door to her pickup and started it quickly. She rushed out to the dance studio because she knew that she couldn't be late today. She got out there and went to the bathroom to change into a black leotard and pink tights with a hole in the bottom of the foot. Once changed she fixed her ponytail to create a perfect ballet bun. Once done with that she rolled her tights up a bit and put on her lyrical shoes and started to stretch in Studio A. She was sure to really stretch her hips and lower back, Once fully stretched she went down into her right splits and just as she was getting up her instructor walked in.

Tonight she had to run through so many pieces that she just brought a granola bar and water for her break. First she had to run through her lyrical solo so many times perfecting every little thing and being sure her facials changed at the right moments. Then she had to go through the group piece entitled "Still Remembering"   where there are many different tricks and lifts that had to be memorized. Then she had a slight break where she ate her food and talked her sister Paige on the phone. Then she was rushed back into the studio learning her duet that she still had no partner for. she had another solo practice and then a group practice again. By the time she was done she had barely enough energy to drive herself home and crawl into bed. 

When Tasha woke up the next morning she checked her phone and aw she had about 5 texts and 5 missed calls all from Oliver. The first one saying "Hey are you coming or not?!" and the final one sent at 12:08 "I guess you aren't coming wish you would've!" Then suddenly her screen lit up again and Oliver's name flashed across the screen. She quickly answered it and heard Oliver's labored breathing and she said "I'm on my way just stay calm." She quickly got dressed and rushed to his house moving her duffel bag out of the front seat knowing she'd most likely have to take him to the ER. When she pulled up Oliver was sitting on their massive front porch.