I Hope You Dance

Tasha went back to sleep after realizing the time. The next thing she knew it was 9 o'clock and she rolled over in the massive bed. She noticed that Kaleb was gone. She quickly got out of bed and through on her black hoodie and went in search of him. In her head she was freaking out thinking he was leaving after the night before and all the truths were exposed to him. She went into the kitchen in search of her shoes and saw a note. The note read: 

"Good morning Tasha. I do not know if you'll be awake by the time I get back. So hence this note. I had to go back to the house I was at yesterday to get some stuff."

                                                                    -Kaleb

  Tasha calmed down after skimming through the note multiple times. She went and grabbed some clothes out of her room and went and showered. Tasha let the events of the past few days run through her mind as she let the warm water run down her skin. She showered rather quickly her thoughts escaping her mind. She stepped out and saw that the mirror was fogged up and there was a fog of steam still in the air. Tasha went and wiped the mirror after throwing her hair up into a towel. She looked in the mirror and saw life in her eyes like they had once been before. She through on her black Jahawk sweats and a long sleeve scoop neck black shirt. She walked out and saw Kaleb casually standing there with a plate of breakfast that consisted of eggs, sausage and toast that was toasted to perfection. She walked over to him and took the plate and guided him to the table so that they could both enjoy the decedent meal that he had prepared. They ate silently only looking up at each other awkwardly.  Once Tasha had finished she silently offered to take his plate and went and put them in the sink. Kaleb silently came up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist as she started the dish water. 

  To Tasha this seemed like an odd gesture for him to do but at that moment in time she knew that it was the right thing for him to do. She felt the warmth of a blush creep up her cheeks as well as her whole cheeks turn an extremely dark shade of red, almost the color of an apple. She kept her face toward the sink and avoided turning so that Kaleb would not notice her blush and just drop his arms. She felt oddly safe in his arms, more safe then she had felt in a long time. He made her feel secure unlike anyone had done before. Even as she reflected on their time of watching movies the previous night he had always made an effort to have some sort of contact with her. weather it be an arm behind her or a hand on her knee. Either way he made her feel safe and around Kaleb, she did not feel any anxiety or fear whatsoever. To Tasha he seemed to have become her person. The person who swet her anxiety's away. Once she had finished the dishes she unhooked his arms from around her in order to put away the dishes. Once they were put away she realised that she had a practice that afternoon before her graveyard shift at Walmart that evening. 

  Upon realizing the time Tasha quickly told Kaleb to get changed into some sweats and a t-shirt and to meet her in the truck. Tasha ran to her room and stripped her sweats and shirt and replaced them with her black colored spandex and a blue colored tank top. She then ran out to her truck and started it. The ride was short and silent. Tasha noticed that Kaleb had changed into a pair of black sweats with blue trim on the side and into a WCHS shirt that had a camo under lay that was dark blue and lighter toned gray. Once arriving at the studio Kaleb and Tasha walked into the studio and went into the back studio. Tasha did not bother with a warm up of any kind because her injury had been healed for quite some time now. She strpped her sweatpants and but on her jazz shoes and went and started the music to the duet that she and Kaleb were going to learn. The song, "Your Guardian Angel" by the band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus started to blare from the speakers. Kaleb turned and looked at Tasha with a look remembrance. 

Kaleb's POV

  From the start of the song I recognized it from last year when Tasha had first brought the whole "partnering" shit up to me. I remember when she first brought it up and had used songs from a playlist that she had created. Even when she was still hung up on Oliver, the douchebag who I knew would never be right for her and would possibly destroy her mentally. Even with a years time between we are still as close as we were then. I knew it would take some time but I know I can get her to trust me again. I stood, leaning against the door, watching as she tried to figure out how to start and how she would somehow fit me into the mix of things. As I watched I realized that my feelings for this girl were trying to resurface. From the way that she looked me in the eyes to the way my heart seemed to skip a beat whenever she was around and finally to the way that she was always on my mind. Reflecting back on these old feeling and even the new ones I was still afraid to tell her now about how I feel. It may not be the same circumstances as they were before, Ryan was still around, she was still hung up on Oliver, I was thinking of just getting away from this tiny ass town and her parents had begun to think about leaving her all alone. No, now Ryan was dead, her parents were gone for 2 months now or so, she was less hung up on Oliver and I had just officially came back to this town not knowing the reason at the time until the very moment I was standing on her porch just last night. 

Tasha quickly pulled me over so I could learn the first 32-counts of the dance. This was all the instrumental part and it involved a lot more lifting then I had anticipated. I had to hold her up for roughly 12 counts for the first lift then bring her down on next 4 counts. That was half of the whole instrumental. I have to hold her by her left thigh and by her right hip up in the air while turning her around in a slow circle. I put her down and she turns to face me a single hand on my chest, her right hand to be exact. Her hand is over my heart and I pray to  God that she does not feel the pounding in my chest that I feel. I then have to stand in the dark corner of what would be the stage and have to wait until who knows when. I check the time and realize that we had been working for almost 4 hours at this point. Tasha had sweat running down her face and neck and I tried not to stare. in the process of me turning to grab my hoodie she pulled her sweatpants back on and we left the studio. The ride home was just as silent as before and once we got home I let Tasha shower because i knew she had to work that evening. I set up a light dinner and packed the rest in the refrigerator so she would have something for later while she was at work. Once she came out and was still dressed in her sweats from before and a hoodie we sat down and had our dinner while watching a movie, "The Kissing Booth", which was on Netflix. While watching the movie I turned to look at her and say, "Hey would it be okay if I'd take you to work? That way you would not have to drive home tired?" She looked at me with a confused look but agreed to it. After the dinner and movie I let her sleep like she always did and woke her when we needed to leave. As I dropped her off I had realized that I had not been with anyone since I left town and also realized that I was slowly but surely falling in love with this girl.