The Unexpected

Tasha was astonished to see Kaleb standing on her front porch with half of his face covered by the shadow of that chilly October night. This brought back the memories of those fateful July night. Tasha's memories started to flash in front of her.That night was supposed to be one of the best nights of her life. Tasha and Ryan, her best friend were supposed to go out that night. It would've been amazing if she hadn't been running late from the studio. She showed up to Ryan's house and she had this eerie feeling in the pit of her stomach when she pulled up. She noticed that all of the lights were off which was very odd. She stepped inside the house and a chill over took her whole body and the eerie feeling grew stronger. But Tasha choose to ignore it. She walked the familiar path to Ryan's room while calling out "Ryan?" "Ryan where are you?!" When he didn't answer she walked into his room not knowing what she was going to find or see in the next few seconds. His room was pitch black and she fumbled along the wall to find the light switch. When the light flickered on she covered her mouth in shock. There laying in the middle of the floor was her best friend laying in a pool of his own blood. She fell to the ground and pulled out her phone as her hand shook. She quickly called his mom, She could barely get any words out. She shakily said "Come. Come Home. Come Home Now." Tasha started to hyperventilate and Julie said "We will be there in 3 minutes Tasha stay calm."

The rest of that eventful night went by in a blur. Tasha shook the memories out of her head realizing that Kaleb was in her house and she was on the floor his arms around her. She looked at him and said "How did you get in here? More importantly why are you here?" Kaleb answered saying "You started to cry and slowly went to the ground and backed against the wall. I walked in closed the door and took you in my arms to comfort you, Why am I here you ask? I'm here because I know that your parents left in August leaving you to fend for yourself but I'm here to offer you my support and more then that my friendship and comfort." As he was saying this Tasha stood up and Kaleb stood with her as he spoke.

Tasha fought with herself wondering if she should allow him into her life again. He had left right after Ryan's death and she feared if he knew the real reasons her parents left or what was going on with her personally if he'd just leave again/. She decides to follow her heart and tell him the real reason why they left and to allow him to be in her life again. "Do you know the real reason why my parents left Kaleb?" He looked at her and shook his head. Tasha took a deep breathe and slow started into the story "They left not even a month after Ryan's death. After his death I was majorly depressed. Barely getting out of bed, not talking to anyone, sticking to myself and barely left my room or ate. I only left for dance where I could let some of the emotions out. One night when I actually came out of my room I saw a note on the table. It said "Tasha we never loved you. Even before Ryan's death we never loved you. About 3 months before we realized we never truly loved you. We are leaving today because we figured that it has been a month since his death that the blow of us leaving wouldn't hit you as hard. With us leaving we know that it'll be hard on you but we have left you nothing besides the house and your belongings. We aren't even sorry that it happened this way."

By now Tasha could feel her tears going down her cheeks again. She quickly turned away from Kaleb and tried to run but he stopped her. with her only being 5' 3" he could easily stop her. he pulled her in even as she struggled and pushed him away. Tasha slowly relaxed into his 6' frame. She then asked him, "Why did you leave town shortly after Ryan's death?" Kaleb took a deep breathe and stated "Ryan was my closest friend besides you. After my parents had practically disowned me and left me on my own Ryan was the only family I had. So I just had to get away for awhile. When you saw me on my porch that had been my first day back into this town." After all of the tears shed and things said Tasha decides to ask him "Would you like to just live here with me? I mean the house is paid for the Internet is pretty good and I always try to keep the fridge stocked. I mean you don't have to stay I know that's a lot to ask a person ------"

Kaleb puts his hand up signaling her to stop. "I'll be right back." Tasha walks away and starts to tidy things up around the home. She hadn't lived with anyone or had anyone at her house since Ryan's death so there's dance clothes everywhere and books. She quickly grabs her things and puts them away. She clears a room for Kaleb upstairs and soon enough he is back carrying boxes. He has his clothes, PS4, and blankets. Once he gets everything settled Tasha is sitting on the couch trying to decide on a movie they can watch together. She finally choose "Trolls". Tasha passes out within the first 15 minutes if the movie her head on Kaleb's chest. When she wakes up in the morning she is in her own bed but Kaleb is beside her. She decides to snuggle back in realizing it's only 6:30 AM.