Super Nova - Goodbyes and Hellos?

Here we go guys, finally getting back into writing, so here we go. Hope you enjoy! Guys, please leave a vote and a comment! I'd love for you guys to give me some feed back on my chapters, and throw me some ideas and things you'd like to see with the Doctor and Cara in the future. This chapter was slightly rushed, because I'm ready to bring Donna in and wow you guys with a few things you might really enjoy!

Also check out my other FanFiction called, The Time Lady!

______________________________________________________________________________

The 'death' of Rose Tyler was something no one had expected. It wasn't planned, it wasn't thought out.  None of it was. 

No one had planned for the Cybermen and the Daleks to end up in one place, battling against one another, before battling against humanity. The battle of Canary Wharf, was a battle that no one had ever expecting to happen.

The loss of Rose Tyler wasn't the only loss that day, hundreds lost their lives, and hundreds more were upgraded into Human 2.0. A walking, emotionless, metal creature. Their names, as well as Rose and her mother's, were posted on the list of the lost and presumed dead. 

The Doctor and I made our way into the TARDIS, tears still pouring down my cheeks as my hands held one another in shame. It had been days since the loss, and all I could think of was..how could I have let her hand slip from my own? How could I have been so...useless. How could my hands, my hands that were made for saving, slip from saving Rose? 

My head shook in shame as the TARDIS doors shut, and the Doctor went right up to the console in silence, instantly playing with the controls. My brow raised in curiosity, why was he so ready to leave where Rose was last seen? Wouldn't he mourn as I would? 

Walking up the steps to join him at the console, I kept my distance from his dancing figure. Tears were stained on the Doctor's cheeks, just like mine, and our tears showed no sign of stopping. "What're you doing?" My voice cracked, full of emotion, full of hatred towards myself for letting her slip from my finger tips.

Of course I didn't get a response from the Doctor, he was too busy pulling out a manual to the TARDIS, before he started screaming at it, slamming his hands on his console in rage, anger, pain, and heart break. I didn't know what to do, how could I help him? I knew Rose for such a short amount of time, and the Doctor loved her. I had no right to be crying, to be this heart broken, but I was. Because I cared for her just as I cared for the Doctor.

The TARDIS was jolting out of control as the Doctor forced co-ordinates into the machine, and we were both tossed around like dead fish in a pail of water. My hands grasped tight to the railings, and the Doctor wouldn't even look at me as the TARDIS took his horrifically bumpy flight to where ever the Doctor was taking us. 

When everything finally came to a stop, the Doctor didn't hesitate rushing to the TARDIS doors, and once they were ripped open, the light of a super nova was bleeding through. I didn't move from my spot, clinging to the console. I'd never seen the Doctor in such rage, never in my life. "Yes! Yes...come on.."  As the man ran back to his console I stepped out of the way, his hands worked over buttons and levers so fast I couldn't even keep up with what he was doing, before suddenly, he ran and stood in one place. "Come on...come on!"

Watching him stand there, I watched as he hit one last button, and the TARDIS began to groan. 

Slowly, but surly, right in front of the Doctor, an image of Rose Tyler, began to appear. How was this even physically possible? Rose was stuck in a parallel world, unreachable by the TARDIS, by anything! But there she was...a projection of Rose Tyler.

My feet shuffled across the TARDIS floor, and I stood behind the Doctor, staring over his shoulder best I could as Rose stood there, a crying...sobbing Rose. A smile was creasing on the Doctor's lips, and I wrapped my arms around my torso as I stared at the woman I had killed. "There's one tiny little gap in the Universe left," The Doctor spoke, not to me, but to Rose. "just about to close, and it takes a lot of power to send this projection." 

That's when I realized...why we were at the sight of a super nova...an expanded sun. Shaking my head, I stepped forward into the projection field so Rose could see the both of us. "He's put us in orbit around a super nova.." I muttered, tears brimming my eyes. "He's burning up a sun just to say goodbye.." Rose looked at the both of us with tears on her cheeks, and I took a breath, looking Rose right in the eyes. "Rose...I'm so sorry." My words were cracked with emotion, and my tears split like water falls.

Rose shook her head, pushing her hair from her face. "You look like a ghost...the both of you." 

"Oh, hold on then." The Doctor spoke, his sonic coming out of his pocket as he aimed and buzzed towards the console. "There we go."

My eyes were solid with tears as I watched Rose step forwards towards us, the Doctor trying to hold the best smile. "Can I-"

"No.." I spoke, shaking my head as I wiped my tears. "No he's just a image..no touch."

The sadness that covered Rose's face was undeniable..and it broke my hearts. I let her slip from my hands, and therefore...she slipped from the Doctor's life forever.

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head before stepping out of the projection range, leaving the Doctor and Rose to speak to one another, alone. I couldn't handle staring at the woman I had.murdered.

Disappearing up the stairs and down the corridor, I made my way to my room, where I gladly slammed the door shut, and shut myself away. Placing my back against the wall, I sunk down to my bum and covered my eyes with my palms, sobbing on the floor of my bedroom. Rose was gone, I let her slip from my grasp, and I knew the Doctor would never forgive me, no matter how much I begged to be forgiven.

I'd let his love, slip into a world unreachable.

[ A Few Moments Later...]

My crying finally stopped, only because I had no more tears to shed. I was as dry as a well in Kansas. Still sitting on the wooden floor of the room made specifically for me, I ran a hand through my ginger locks and gave a heavy sigh. 

Of course now my thoughts were whether or not the Doctor was alright, seeing I'd left him alone to talk to a hologram of the woman he loved.

Pushing myself up to my feet, I gave a sigh, walking from my room and back to the console room to see the Doctor fiddling with controls. 

At first I was silent as a mouse, standing at the top of the stairs, looking down at the Doctor who had dried tears on his cheeks. Who knew how long he had spent talking to Rose before the crack was snapped shut for the rest of time.

My feet were silent as I walked down the stairs. "Are you alright?" Words as soft as silk left my lips, and I looked at the Doctor with doe, red eyes from my massive amount of crying. 

Looking up at me, the Doctor gave a gentle nod, but I knew his answer was a pure lie. "Doctor..I just want to tell you...how sorry I am that--" Within the time it had taken for me to walk and join the Doctor at the console, suddenly a woman in white had appeared inside the TARDIS, right in front of us.

My eyes were wide, just as the Doctor's as we looked at one another, before watching the woman turn around in shock. "What?" The Doctor spoke, crunching his brows together in confusion, as I stood there dumb founded. How the hell did a woman end up in the TARDIS? I thought we were orbiting around a super nova?

"Oh!" With pure ginger hair, the woman called out in shock, and this time, I spoke.

"How?"

"Who are you!?" Her voice echoed through the TARDIS halls, the Doctor and I staring at her with our tears suddenly gone, and our thoughts of Rose had dissipated for the time being.

"I don't..I don't understand.." My voice was small as I spoke to the Doctor.

"Where am I!?"

"What??" The Doctor seemed just as confused as I did.

"What is this place?!"

Looking at one another with wide eyes, and confused faces, our heads both snapped to look at the woman at the same time, as we spoke in unison. "What?!"