choose your battles

[10k astonishes me. thank you all so much, i love you. -frisk]

patrick didn't hesitate to storm right into the infamous monkey house. and coming from me, this place was a lot creepier in person. there were various blood stains splattered across the walls, plus other stains that i couldn't identify.

pete approached the both of us, his smile soon turning into a concerned look when he saw patrick, "babe? what's wrong?" he wondered, but the shorter man scoffed, "oh please, don't act innocent," patrick dismissed, "you. lied. to. me." he strongly expressed.

the color drained from petes face and his jaw dropped slightly, he knew he got caught, but still tried regaining his composure. he pretended to look confused, "i-- i don't know what you're--"

"stop lying to me," patrick cut him off again,

"why do you think that you can get away with killing innocent people---?" pete couldn't hold himself back from interrupting patrick, "tyler joseph isn't innocent," his eyes grew dark, "i told you he took pris--"

"you said yourself you were on a drug trip that night! who knows--?" pete cut him off once again, but this time his attention was turned towards me, "whyvthe hell is josh here?" he questioned patrick.

patrick groaned in aggravation, "that's not the problem here. the problem is that you lied to me. twice." he dismissed petes interrogation, but pete still didn't drop the dirty look he originally gave me.

"he shouldn't be here, and you should be getting back to work." pete growled, but patrick still didn't show fear, "too bad you can't make either of us leave." he retorted, then the tension flooded over the silence between them.

out of nowhere, a guy with dark hair and a tattoo on the side of his neck. he was wearing a similar outfit to the one tyler originally had one, with the the all black and the trench coat.

"hey pete," the man chimed into the conversation, "maybe you should go over and help ryan-- the show is gonna start any minute now." he explained, pete wasn't in any position to argue, so he walked off, looking pissed as ever.

patrick sighed, "you didn't have to do that, frank," he told the man, "i could have handled it." he then explained, the man named frank shook his head, "nah you couldn't have," he casually dismissed, "just head back to the control room." he instructed, patrick was hesitant, but complied anyway, leaving me with frank.

"now you," he turned to face me, "i'm guessin' you're josh dun?" i was now even more confused than i was before, i gave him a strange look, "how'd you know?" i wondered.

the slightly taller man chuckled, "well a guy named jon wanted me to make sure you didn't die," he informed me, my eyes widened at the information. but he continued on, "so here's what i'm suggesting if you wanna stay alive in here: stay quiet, don't take out gun i know you have, and don't do anything stupid." he strongly suggested.

before i could verbally respond, a familiar looking guy with fiery red hair stormed up to the both of us, "what the hell is he doing here?!" he shot me a deadly stare, "he's friends with tyler, we can't have him--"

"gee, look at him," frank motioned towards me, "the guys got blue hair and can't fire a gun for the life of him," he went on to explain. gerard looked at me, eyeing me up and down for a few seconds.

gerard huffed in annoyance, walking away and dragging frank away with him, holding his hand. frank subtly turned his head to look back at me, he smirked and shot me a wink before turning forward and walking hand in hand with gerard.

i quickly took a seat in the furthest row back, trying to not panic or let my fear get the best of me. it was my turn now, my turn to save the day. but this was already terrifying to start with, and i knew it'd onto get worse from here.

the lights in the place dimmed slightly, and i saw a door to the right of the stage open, and pete was holding some sort of chain that held both jenna and brendon bounded by the wrists due to handcuffs.

my heart started pounding when i saw brendons face was nearly beaten to shit, and jenna looked as if she had been crying for days nonstop. neither of them saw me, but all pete did was sit the both of them down next to him in the fourth row of the place.

i took the gun out of my back pocket and held it close to me, but out of sight from everyone else. suddenly the curtains of the stage closed, and the slights fully dimmed. the room fell silent, all that could be heard was the sound of jenna crying softly.

and that's when i knew the show had just begun.