☾ 1 ☽ - An Unknown Mistake

••━━━━━━━━━━••●••━━━━━━━━━••

"Yesss! The ship has sailed!" You quietly cheered with a big grin on your face, careful not to wake your family. Your eyes glanced at the clock on your (insert machine or device) screen. The screen was the only illuminated source in your pitch black bedroom. Your eyes widened at how much time had passed.

'Crap it's so late!! If I don't get used to going to bed early, there'll be hell to pay once I get back to (insert school/work).'

You switched off your screen bidding farewell to your source of happiness for the night and hopped into bed.

'Come to think of it, it's almost that time of year when I need to go for checkups, my family's so serious about it I don't feel like there's anything wrong with me.'

You sighed and dismissed the thought then before you knew it blackness overtook your vision and you succumbed to sleep.

◦◦◦

The sun's rays of light glistened on your skin, at the sight of undesirable glaring light, your hand made its way to the blinds and pulled them shut with a slightly annoyed look on your face. Savouring the last moments of warmness emitting from the soft and fluffy bed, you picked up your phone and checked the time.

'Not too bad, but I'll be waking up even earlier when (insert school/work) starts up.' You groaned at the thought.

You got up from your bed and went straight to your (insert machine or device). Once the screen flickered on you noticed an email notification in your mail. You opened up the email labelled 'Annual Masquerade' and scanned the words, it read:

To: Candidate
Subject: Annual Masquerade Invite

Greetings,

The Sakamaki family formally request your presence at our Annual Masquerade Ball. This event will be held tomorrow evening at 8:30 pm. We are expecting costumes to be worn, food and refreshments will be provided. The music will be a live performance from our selected family members. More information will be on the event page attached.

Best Regards,

The Sakamaki Family

When you finished reading all you felt was confusion. You've never heard of anyone called Sakamaki. You inspected the send date and concluded it was sent yesterday. 'Oops I guess it's tonight, I must've gotten too caught up watching anime and listening to music.'

A sudden thought formed in your mind and you started to question whether this is legit. 'Why would they send something like this to me? 'Heck I barely even leave the house.'

Your eyes drift back to the word Candidate. 'What do they mean by candidate anyway?'

You decided that you didn't want to get caught up in some shady business and filed the email as junk. 'Probably just spam, it's also happening soon it's only a few hours away.'

Suddenly a notification popped up telling you that a new episode of (F/A) series came out. All thoughts of the ball were erased from your mind almost immediately.

'Welp looks like I have more important matters that require my full attention.'

A grin stretched at the corner of your lips at the thought, but before you could get comfortable your stomach growled signalling its time for breakfast.

You got up from your chair, stretched yourself out and went outside of your room into the kitchen. As you walked through your hallway, you glimpsed at the many family portraits of you and your family over the years.

'Gosh, this hunger is making me feel sentimental.'

On the kitchen counter, you find a note left from your family. It said there're leftovers in the fridge from the night before and your family will get back at around 10.

You remembered your mum telling you that everyone had to go to an event today. A thought formed in your mind that filled you with glee.

'I've got the whole house to myself!'

••━━━━━━━━━━••●••━━━━━━━━━••

| [A/N] - Sorry if this first part is a bit boring, the story is just getting started! Please don't roast me too hard on grammar mistakes. (●'ω`●) |