☾ 2 ☽ - Withheld Information

••━━━━━━━━━━••●••━━━━━━━━━••

Alas, you did it again...

You couldn't not keep watching after that cliffhanger, so you ended up finishing the entire first season. After the latest episode of (F/A), you started a new anime.

Your mind drifted back to the Masquerade Ball, curiously you clicked into the email.

'The party must be in full swing by now it's 10:15 pm.' You leaned to the side resting your left hand on your chin.

'My family should get back soon. I could've been sociable regardless and just went to someone's house... but then when would I have watched an entire anime series.'

Suddenly the sound of a door's hinge creaking open filled your ears, you slowly stood up from your desk. You peeked out into the hallway stopping at the entrance of your room.

"[Y/N]?! You still up?" Your Mum called out to you.

"Of course! Anime's not gonna watch itself!" You yelled back adding a smirk to your face at the statement.

You walked out of your room over to the living area where your parents were putting away the products they bought. A whiff of a new scented perfume that was coming from your mum caught your attention.

"Is that a new perfume Mum?" You asked slightly sniffing the air. "It smells very nice."

"Yes it's that new celebrity scent that's very popular lately," She said with her back still towards you while she put her bags down. "Also I hope you didn't forget we have to-" She trailed off as she took a glance at your figure.

"[Y/N] you're still wearing the same pyjamas as last night?" Your Mum inquired with a sigh.

"Of course I am, they're just too comfy," You said with a grin while motioning to them with your arms.

"You really need to leave the house more often."

"Well I could've tonight," You replied.

'Now should be the perfect time to ask my parents about that email.'

"What do you mean?" Your Mum asked.

"Do you know anyone named Sakamaki?"

Your parents turned to you in shock, their faces dropped in colour. Their eyes gaped at you like you'd grown two heads.

"W-Who did you say?" Your Mum stuttered.

"The Sakamaki family," You said, your eyes narrowing in confusion, "I got an email from them inviting us, more specifically a candidate to a Masquerade Ball tonight."

Your Mum and Dad turn to each other in distress, they exchanged sceptic looks with each other, your Mum narrows her eyes at your Dad and nods as if saying 'I'll handle it'. She took a few steps forward while your Dad exited the room. You gave them both a look of uncertainty.

"Sweetie although the Sakamaki family are well known for good deeds they are also dangerous people who've had some terrible media attention over the years," Your Mum began,

"So they're famous rich people?" You asked.

"Yes they have a lot of wealth. A man named Tougou Sakamaki is the head of that family and a famous statesman. Why you would get an email to attend an event is-," your Mum's eyes glance to the side with a face of uncertainty before resting her eyes back on you, "beyond me." She concludes.

Your Dad entered the room and turned to you with concern "[Y/N] we don't want you to get in contact with that household," Your dad spoke with a serious tone, "especially going to their residence." With that final statement your dad crossed his arms as if to say that's the end of discussion.

All you could do was stare at your parents with unsure eyes and try to comprehend the situation. 'Why are they so concerned? I haven't even heard of the Sakamaki family before, at least until today.'

"If they're that famous then they must have emailed me by accident and typed the address wrong." You suggested.

"Yes, that must be all it was. Don't forget we need to go to the doctors for your yearly checkup." Your Mum said sternly. "So that means no staying up late, we had a long day and [Y/N] I know you did nothing but watch anime today-"

"Hey I had some breaks." You said in retort.

"Go to bed soon," Your Mum finished.

You left the room and glanced back at your parents retreating figures then made your way back to your room.

Just as you got to your bedroom door you heard shuffling, you stood frozen in place, your heart quickened and with a shaking hand held your breath and twisted the doorknob. As quick as a flash you scanned the room when you were met with silence for a few seconds you let out a sigh of relief.

Your eyes caught sight of your (insert blinds or curtains) that had cloaked your window from the sunlight since this morning was open.

'Hang on! Didn't I close the (insert blinds or curtains)?' You stared at the bare window and pulled them back down from where they were previously positioned, ensuring that you closed it this time.

'I can always ask my parents more about the Sakamaki's tomorrow after the doctors anyway, nothing big really happens just the usual health questions and blood tests.' You decided to go straight to sleep and get your answers the next day. You walked over to your bed and laid down and closed your eyes.

◦◦◦

Unbeknownst to the young female, dark glowing eyes pierced through the blackness outside her window. Silly [Y/N] should have made sure her window was secured and locked tight, well not like that would have mattered anyway.

When they met with silence for 10 minutes after waiting for her breathing to go at a specific pace. They perched themselves at the female's window and teleported inside her bedroom.

They peered through the darkness then they spotted your figure lying fast asleep in bed. Feeling grateful that you finally fell asleep.

"How lucky you are, you were the only one who didn't attend, and now you've come to my rescue." They whispered to themselves quietly, "Such a shame those other experiments didn't work out, well no matter, this will be an interesting project." They chuckled darkly after the statement.

••━━━━━━━━━━••●••━━━━━━━━━••