CHAPTER 4

Serena anxiously walked through the doors of the hospital, crinkling her nose as the scent of medicine hit her. She politely took a seat in the waiting room and sat patiently for a while, deep in thought.

Serena felt rather lonely, it seemed as if everyone around her had some sort of moral support beside them, she had thought of asking Blair to come with her but at the time some space had sounded good.

It felt like forever before Serena's name was called. A lady who looked as if she was in her mid-thirties began to walk down a hall, heading straight for an exam room. Serena followed closely, overwhelmed with nerves.

She sat completely still whilst the woman ran some tests. She mentioned something about a blood test, a biopsy and something else that Serena couldn't quite remember, everything seemed a little foggy and as if it wasn't really happening.

Serena could expect a call from her doctor before the end of the week. The blonde paced out of the building not wanting to spend another second there. She knew she'd be seeing a hole lot more of hospitals, so why waste any spare seconds she had

As Serena was leaving she could have sworn she'd seen Blair and Chuck. A girl with curly brown hair and a brightly coloured dress walked side by side with a tall man in a snazzy suit around a different corner. Serena brushed it off. She was probably just looking for a distraction.

She hailed a cab and jumped in leaving for her apartment.