Episode 8: Good Bye for Now

December 11th 1922

The new branchline was starting to take shape. The viaduct had just been completed and the rails were getting nearer to it.

The engines were also very busy. Ascept for King Callum, he was still needed of an overhaul since the railway hadn't the enough money.

But until one day, it changed. The engines were all waiting for there drivers to arrive when The Old Controller.

"I am please to annouce today," he called, "that we have enough money to give King Callum of Thesang an overhaul."

The engines cheered.

"Thank you sir!" smiled King Callum, "I will be back better than ever!"

"Let's hope so," replied The Old Controller, "you will head to Doncaster Works, were Sir Nigel Gresley will give you modified cations and a new boiler."

"Yes sir," said King Callum and The Old Controller left.

King Callum was shunted by Christen to England into the station and was shunted in a sidding with a brake van behind him.

Another engine came behind several minutes later, he bothered up to him and setted of.

King Callum looked around the countryside.

"Lovely line," he said to the engine.

"Yeah yeah," said the engine rudely.

King Callum was puzzled, then he remembered that this was the newly formed LMS, making it a rerival with the LNER.

"Come on," he smiled, "just because we are from different railways doesn't mean we cannot talk. What's your name*"

The engine thought. "John," he replied.

"That's a good name," replied King Callum.

Soon the engines were talking together like old friends, both were disapointed when the journey ended.

King Callum was put into peices and placed into a trucks to the LNER.

When he got there, he was fixed together again (but not fully thoe) and was taken to Doncaster.

***

King Callum was waiting in the works when Sir Nigel Gresley came up.

"Ah King Callum of Thesang," he said smiling, "a great design that I made that will be greater!"

"Thank you sir," chuckled King Callum.

"I will also be paying for some upgrades so you will be back there better than ever, so then, let's get started then," said Sir Nigel Gresley and with that they set to work.