Episode 11: Boys

March 2nd 1923

It was a few days after 1056's accident and the investigation was still undergoing.

Not only that, but some of the Crystals that were in the boulder were being sold million pound deals from The Old Director.

There was also going to be a naming ceramony for 1056 the next day.

1056, who was grumbling while having her parts mended by Mr Scarsbrook and some other workers.

"Cheer up girl," smiled Mr Scarsbrook, "at lease your the first fengine."

1056 just roled her eyes and carried on sulking.

The next day came for 1056's naming ceramony and Ashfull, Anderson, Hymerk, Christen and some guests were waiting for 1056 to arrive.

"I wonder what her paint job would look like?" pondered Anderson.

"Light blue," replied Ashfull.

"Hey!" exclaimed Anderson, "how did you know, you haven't gone to the repair shed!"

"1056 is doing permenant passenger duties," explained Hymerk, "and if you don't remember the colour code, permenant passenger duties is light blue."

"Oh yeah," said Anderson realising it, "I forgot."

"Look!" shouted Christen, "she's coming out of the shed!"

Everybody looked to see 1056 puffing slowly out of the shed.

Ashfull was right, 1056's livery was blue with golden strips on the boiler and red stripes everywhere else.

Her name plates were covered over with sheets on her boiler and the number 6 shone brightly on her sides of her cab.

Soon she puffed on to the line next to Ashfull and The Old Director climbed on to the stand.

"Hear is are first fengine," he annouced, "she didn't have a name when she came, just like my first four engines. But now she does."

He then climbed up on to 1056's footplate unvailing one of 1056's nameplates.

Some cameras flashed and cheers and clapping came. The engines looked at her name and smiled.

There writen in gold, it said 'Crystel'.

"Hmm, nice name," said Christen, "it fits you perfectly."

"Th-thank you," smiled the now known Crystel.

That night Crystel and Ashfull were ask to take heavy suplies to the end of the constructed line.

At the moment they were at Oxworth, a town that was planed to be like Oxford, college, primary and high schools. But smaller in size.

This was going to be the last strech before reaching the top station. Where the main headquaters would be.

Both engines didn't say anythink, they just coupled up and went on their way.

Meanwhile near Oxworth, four boys were lurking around the tracks.

"Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we shoved a rail off. It would make a incredible crash," said the leader.

The others agreed. Soon they pushed a rail off the sleepers (with much effort) and then hid in the brushes.

Meanwhile Crystel and Ashfull were running down the line at a good pace.

Crystel, who was in front was had her eyes fully open. While Ashfull just puffed sleeperily.

Then, everythink seem to happen at once.

"Stop, stop!" squealed Crystel and both applied the breakes just in time.

Crystel opened her to see a rail had callapse and was inches near it.

The drivers got down and inspected it.

"Well it didn't come off by accident, somebody pushed it of," said Ashfull's driver.

Crystel looked around and saw sneaking out of some brushes.

"Look!" she whistled and boys started running but the drivers and firemans court them.

"Do you have anythink to do with this," asked Ashfull's fireman.

"I think they are," said Crystel.

The boys gulped.

Crystel sizzled happerily in the shed. The boys were taken away by the newly formed Thesang Police.

The boys also commited that they pushed the boulder down the hill.

The perants had to give £200 and this cause the boys to go to a boarding school and were not allowed to watch the trains or go outside by being watched.

Crystel is now part of the railway now, she now takes permenant passenger trains all day and rarely takes goods.

The engines respects her and even so she's a fengine, that doesn't mean she's not useful.