2

the next morning, i arrive at school a bit early and i am heading to my locker to retrieve my text books.

my mind wanders off to the note that was inside my locker. no matter how happy it made me, i myself know that i'm not beautiful.

besides- it was probably one of those bullies. seeing that as the conclusion, i brush it off and continue my walk.   

as i reach my destination, i put in my combination and unlock my locker. i open it to find another sticky note hanging off of my locker, teasingly.

with a racing heart, i remove it and bring it closer to my eyes.

"don't listen to them, because in my eyes, you're perfect."

cautiously and out of reflex i turn away from my locker and scan my surroundings.

my eye lands on a boy who is seated alone on a bench nearby. his purple hair parted with the sides drooping over his eyebrows. however, his gaze is on his notebook, seemingly writing something.

'god, he's gorgeous.' i think to myself as i know for a fact it wouldn't be him.

as i turn back around with lightly flushed cheeks, i carefully put the note in my backpack, treating it as a collectors item.

even if it is a prank, it still brings a bit of warmness to my heart. my foolish mind can't help but think this is genuine and that it will erase some of the cruelness from my life.

turning away from my locker, for once in forever, i let a small smile creep up my face.

behind my back, the boy who was writing in his notebook gave off a heartwarming smile at my happily fading figure.