19

now sitting beside me, i've flooded him with questions that i'll have answered, under any circumstance.

"why would you send me notes?"

"it was my only way of communication without backing out." he says while he sheepishly scratches his neck.

"is that why you protected me from those people?"

"no. it's because i care about you. i was tired of hearing them talk to you like that. let alone physically damage you."

"did you mean everything? on all of the notes?" i unconsciously began to shake.

"every word, reina. every damn word on those notes."

"does that mean, you actually like me? as a friend?" asking once again, i get my hopes up thinking i might have a friend. having a friend must be nice.

but being kim namjoon's friend must be unthinkably amazing.

"of course i like you as a friend, don't be silly." he chuckles before continuing, "but i also have genuine feelings for you."

genuine feelings?

"what do you mean, genuine feelings?" is he playing with me?

he must've noticed my doubt, because soon after he stood up and bent down to my level.

"i'm attracted to you, friend wise but- it's more of a romantic attraction."

is this happening?

he then hugs me and refuses to let go. while he mumbles over and over whether or not i've ever acknowledged his existence.

nodding yes and hesitantly wrapping my arms around him, makes him shift closer to me.

"namjoon?" i look down when say his name, seeing as it rolled off my tongue as something foreign and exquisite.

"yes, reina?"

"you can talk to me in person, on one condition." listen to me getting full of myself.

"anything at all."

"continue to send me notes."