14

he walked me to all my classes today.

i've always known who he was, but i've never called him by his name. someone with a low status such as me has no right to say his sweet name.

although now i guess it was pretty silly to always address him as "the boy with the purple hair." he's so much more than that.

it's now the end of the day, and i'm ready to exit the school when someone suddenly yells my name from across the hall.

"reina!"

it was namjoon.

i stop in my tracks and turn around, waiting for him to catch up.

even if he may have pounded the day light out of a kid for me, i still cannot believe he'd even try to talk to me outside of my problems.

i didn't want it to stop, though.

he runs up to me while he ignores the mysterious glares he receives left and right.

"are you heading straight home now?" he asks as soon as he's in front of me.

i nod my head up and down, to shy to meet his strong, deep gaze.

"let's go, i'll walk you." the boy says smiling while he holds his hand out.

"i-i guess-" i trail off as i notice all the girls whispering and making rude remarks.

my hand was midway, ready to envelop his when i heard two girls in the corner not bothering to hide their whispers.

"who does she think she is, touching his hand? she's nothing but a waste of space." she chuckles while the other one snorts.

namjoon must've caught on because he looked in their direction, as well as everywhere else, returning everyone else's hateful glares.

i weakly pull my hand back and let it fall to the side with an unreadable expression, hiding my sadness. 

"i can walk alone. and i don't need anyones pity, but thanks." was all i said before turning on my heel and getting out of there as fast as i could.