The Date

Heavily unedited.

Virat ~

"It has to be somewhere here, Ro." I huffed when I couldn't find it.

"Okay, when was the last time you saw that ring?" He asked throwing himself on the bed.

"Ah, when she kept it on the night table back in the Caribbeans—"

"It means ring is still in the Caribbeans?" He yelped in shock.

"Pura sun toh le."

Ro started scratching back of his neck, "ha bol." He said gestured me to go on.

"I was more eager to see and stop her so in hurry I kept it in—" I went into deep thought and, "yes!" I exclaimed when I remembered where the ring is. I opened inner zip of my backpack and found the ring lying in it.

"Found it." I beamed at him held the ring in my hand.

"See, there is your name engraved in it." He said surprisingly and pointed the insides of the ring. When I took a look at, the insides where written as,

virat

I smiled and thought her name being engraved on mine.

"Where is yours?" He asked.

"Back at home, I kept it away when I was preparing for West Indies tour." He gave me a you-are-useless look. I huffed.

"Do you really love her virat?" Ro asked in a serious tone.

"Yes, I do." I said from all my heart.

"Do you see her as your wife?" I smiled at his question.

Not just wife, my life partner.

"Yes." I answered.

"Great, so get this plan rolling. What place?"

"I need something private, near a lake maybe where we can have a little picnic?"Just like my dream.

"I know just the place, there is a lake on the way when we start our journey to the oval." He told me.

I narrowed my eyes at the information, "how on earth you know that?"

"I look outside the window when we travel." He shrugged, I snorted at it.

"I thought you sleep at that time." I mocked earning a smack on my arm.

Soon other teammates barged in my suite to play video games. I quickly put the ring in small pocket of my wallet, to keep it safe.

It was new morning and I was excited and nervous at the same time. I wasn't sure if Asmi going to come at the music event. I picked up my iPhone and to my surprise there was already a text from her.

The brownies were to die for.

There was a lip locking emotion followed by the cute text. I smiled and texted back.

Anything for my butterfly. What's plan for today? I hope you won't break my heart baby.

Anxiously I waited for her text and when it came my heart skipped a beat.

I'll be there, but I don't know where the event is.

Nodding to myself I quickly texted her back with correct details and resumed with the plan of making her mine.

Asmi~

I didn't expect virat to to show up at my place and be with me for most of the night. He made me feel as if I was most important person in his life at the moment. And it made me think about him quite differently.