Outside you house

It had been a week since Alex came to the Bates Motel to check himself in, facing Norma and her curiosity and finally getting a key to room 11. A great thing was that Alex was never really emotionally attached to his home and never got homesick, so staying at the motel wasn't bothering him at all. Except that he couldn't avoid running into Norma on a daily basis and have her sneaking around his room, doing his laundry because "she knew him" apparently well enough for her to do so. And Alex valued his privacy and personal space. A lot. No matter if he was at his house, office or motel room.

Whiskey and bed was all you needed after a day's shift as a sheriff. That's how Romero had spent most of his evenings, at home and that's exactly the same he wanted it while staying at the motel. Norma's motel to be more specific. Talking about the Bates Motel, it had almost been full these last few days. And it was actually pretty nice to see Norma running her small business with an honest happiness, smile and not stress reflecting in her face lately. He remembered that time when he said to Norma that it's funny how she went into the service industry, because she didn't seem keen on serving anybody. And he was wrong.

Half laying in his bed now at 12am Alex's caught his mind replaying yesterday's moments over and over again. Norma cleaning his cut at her house. He tried so hard to avoid her, just a few seconds away from securely getting back into his room with his burning fist in an ice bucket and a bruise on his forehead. But there she was, using her commanding tone, that's more likely to be used on your son than the grown police man he was, insisting on cleaning his cut. He already knew there was no change in winning this argument with Norma and he was too exhausted to even try to. As much as he didn't want to admit it to himself, he didn't hate it. At all. First time having her so near to him. Looking straight into those deep pale blue eyes from up so close felt somewhat magical, he would say. Somewhat he couldn't quite explain. Like the feeling of air getting too thick in that moment? Time slowing down for a few seconds? Her legs lightly brushing up his, making his chest rise and fall faster than he would have wanted, his breathing stopping completely when her fingers touched his forehead putting on the ointment there...

Loud slam of the door woke Alex from his thoughts. The sound was coming from the inside, probably one of the other motel rooms. It was his protective sheriff's side that raised him from the bed to check from where the sound came from. Tucking his gun to his belt, Alex headed towards the door, opening it at the exact moment to see a middle aged man passing his room's door.

"Oh, evening. I-I'm staying at the room 12 there. I'm s-sorry if I woke you. I was just... going out, I-I mean heading towards my car. Yeah, it's right here, that one" the man pointed to the red truck near the motel's office. "I left my phone there and I needed it to make a call now and, and my room door just slammed from the wind I guess, I'm sorry."

"No problem. You have a goodnight." Alex answered, still examining the obviously very confused man. Why would someone get so nervous about a thing like that?

He closed the door, took off his gun and decided to call it a day. After taking a long and hot shower he got to bed, a few thoughts still running through his mind. And why the hell would someone park their car on the other side of the motel when there's plenty of space right in front of the room 12? After giving it some time, sleeping pills finally kicking and letting Alex to drift off to sleep.

The very next day when Alex woke up, his mind was still on the guy who had been outside the motel. Being the sheriff of a town comes with plenty of responsibilities. He was well aware of that and he had taken them very seriously the day he got the job. The protector of White Pine Bay. Or at least he was trying to. There was no denying in that this town is pretty much messed up. A lot of crazy people, who do reckless things., many people who uses other people for their own benefit. Alex had learned this the hard way, at a very young age. His father was one of these people. And all Alex want is for this town to be safe from the bad guys, even if it is quite impossible. He was at least trying to do his job. And if Alex Romero saw a hint of warning he would probably look into it or try to figure out the entire picture. Especially since the incident last night had happened on Norma Bates property. He most certainly wouldn't let this one just slip by him.