Clean sheets in winter time

"Oh...oh my god..."

He opened his eyes sleepily, the quiet whisper from beside waking him up. He looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 4:11am. It was still dark outside so he couldn't make out much in the room, but felt warmth radiating from someone on his right. Turning his head, he saw Norma lying on her belly curled up on his side, right hand placed on his chest, one leg wrapped around his blanket.

She mumbled again, this time writhing a bit, words too quiet for Alex to understand what she was saying. He looked at her now a bit frowned face, assuming she was having a nightmare. It was absolutely understandable after all she had been through that night. And if he could take her fear away he would in a heartbeat.

"Norma...?" he whispered softly, brushing a curl from her face, "Hey, it's alright, you're safe." his whisper probably too quiet to be heard by Norma in her deep dreams. He heard her breathing becoming heavier with every breath she was taking.

"Alex..." she quietly moaned this time, now causing a frown on Alex's face. He tensed, feeling her hand brushing against his chest, legs now tightening around the blanket even harder. "A-Alex.." his name escaping her lips a bit louder now. There was no way he had mistaken that name for someone else's. She was dreaming about him.

Alex grinned in the dark. This definitely didn't sound like she was having a nightmare.

Norma woke up from the sunshine peeking through the bedroom's window. She slowly blinked a few times, adjusting her sensitive eyes to the intense sunlight. Where was she? Lazily stretching her body she looked around the room, finally remembering where she was. Alex's place.

She rolled to the other side of the bed to take a look at the time. 10:48am. It was unlikely Norma Bates to wake up that late, she was definitely a lark person and that was really beneficial to her as she owned and worked at her own motel. She had her own business and had to be up and alert early in the morning. But not today. She laid her head on Alex's pillow breathing in his scent that was on it. It smelt like home to her. It has been months, even years, since she had such a peaceful and relaxing sleep and that sounded so ironical considering yesterday's events. But it was true, she felt more well rested than ever. She remembered dreaming of something but not being able to pinpoint what the dream was exactly about. She hated when that happens, having a dream then not remembering what it was about. The bed was really comfortable and the same familiar scent was making her melt into the sheets even more, snuggling her nose into the white fluffy pillow. Everything smelled like him and it somehow was the most comforting feeling in the world, she had to admit.

She shook the dreamy smile off her face letting out a long sigh and finally rising from bed. There was no point in staying in bed all day when she had a whole house to herself to explore. Even if she had nowhere to go today, she still can't be rolling around in bed all day long. She already felt like a burden to Alex, even though he still haven't made or said anything to show her that she's bothering him or isn't welcome here. Anyways, she felt like she should get up and do something productive, maybe clean around this house and unpack some boxes as Alex apparently had no time for that.

Norma took a quick morning shower, using Alex's shampoo as she forgot to bring hers. What is the point in 2 in 1? Do they even work? She would know soon enough. She dressed up, putting on her casual navy blue dress, one of the few clothing pieces she managed to throw in the bag before leaving in such a hurry last night. Hair still damp, locks forming into a pretty crazy, wavy, mess as Alex didn't seem to own a blow dryer. And she hadn't really expected him to either.