Chapter Two

Audrey's POV:

I was laying in bed on Saturday night when I heard a knock on the door. I propped myself up on my elbow, and glanced at the clock. 2:00 AM. What would anybody want this late? I slowly get out of bed, and walk to the door. I sigh and open the door. It was Paul. "Paul, it's two AM." I say and he rolls his eyes. "I know. I just wanted to talk to you. Can I come in?" He asks, and I nod. "Sure." Paul walks in and takes a seat on my couch. I walk over to the couch, and sit next to him. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask and he shrugs. "I don't know. Anything, really." He says, and takes a glance at the book I'm reading, which is lying on the table. "You're reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird'?" He asks and I nod. "I love this book!" He tells me and I smile. "I do, too. I have about thirty pages left." Paul picks up the book, and studies the cover. He puts it down a minute later. "So, Paul. Tell me about this band of yours!" I say and he looks at me. "What do you want to know?" He asks. "Anything, really." Paul says, "Well, we're The Beatles. The band all started whenever George and I met John Lennon. Two years ago, we had Pete Best and Stuart Suctcliffe. But, Stuart died, and Pete was replaced by Ringo Starr."

"Stuart died? How?" I ask.

"Brain Hemorrhage." He replies.

"Oh. That's a shame. I bet you guys are really good!" I say. Paul smiles, and says, "Thanks. I'm really excited for the show." "Oh that's right. You guys are going to be on the Ed Sullivan show! That's pretty cool!" I say and Paul smiles again. Oh, how I love his smile... Wait. Audrey. What are you saying? "It is. Hey, I meant to ask you this yesterday. But, would you like to come down to the studio tomorrow to watch the show?" He asks and my heart stops. "Really?" I ask.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I remember that we used to watch the Ed Sullivan show together when we were younger." He says. He's right. Paul and I used to watch it every Sunday together. "I really want to. I'll come with you." I say, and Paul grins. "Great! Now you can meet the rest of the band... Ringo and John, I mean. You already know George."

Paul stays at my house for another hour until he leaves. As he opens to door to leave, cold air rushes in and it makes me shiver. "Bye, Audrey." He says as he's leaving, and I wave. He closes the door, and I rise from the couch. I walk on back to my bedroom and climb back into bed. Why did Paul ask me to come with him? Does he have feelings for me? MaybeI'm just over thinking it. When we were younger, Paul invited me to a lot of stuff. I fell asleep quickly, not a single thought in mind.

The next day, Paul showed up at my house at around six. We took a cab to the studio, which is where I meet Ringo and John. "Ey, Paulie! Who's this?" Ringo asks as we got out of the cab. "Her names Audrey. She was one of my best friends when we were young. Audrey, meet John and Ringo." Paul says and I smile. "Hey, guys." George looks at me, and says, "I knew you looked familiar. I remember you from Liverpool!"

"Yep. I'm the girl from Liverpool." I say.

"You've changed a lot." George says and I nod. "I have. My hair got longer, and I got smarter. In fact, I graduated from Harvard last year." Paul rolls his eyes, and says, "You still like to brag, don't you?" I laugh. "Just a little bit."

At eight, They all get ready to perform. I was standing at the side of the stage as I was talking to them. "Have fun." I say. "We will. Thanks for coming, Audrey." Paul says and I smile. "No problem!" When it's time for them to perform, they all go on stage. "Ladies and gentleman, The Beatles!" Ed says, and the crowd goes crazy. They start singing, 'I Want To Hold Your Hand', one of the songs Paul told me about. "Audrey?" I hear a voice say and I turn around. It was my old high school friends, Danny. "Danny? I can't believe it's you!" I say and he smiles. "Well it's me. What are you doing here?" He asks. "I'm friends with Paul."

"Oh, cool. Well, how have you been?" He asks and I shrug. "Fine, I guess. My dad died last year, and I'm trying to get over it." He frowns. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok."

"Do you want to go out for dinner with me tomorrow night and we can catch up?" He asks. Typical Danny. I remember he was always asking out girls in high school. I shrug. "Sure. Why not?" I say and he smiles. "Great. Meet me outside The Red tomorrow at seven." The Red is this up-scale restaurant here in New York. "Sounds good." I say, and Danny smiles. "See you tomorrow."

I really wish Danny would get to talking to me before he just asks me out. He's rushing into things. But, hey- Maybe he's really nice and sweet.