Chapter Eight

Audrey's POV
I woke up on a rainy Saturday morning at around ten. I was meeting Paul for dinner tonight, and I was pretty excited. I slowly got out of bed, and walked to my closet, and picked out something to wear for tonight. It's better to plan ahead, right? I searched my closet for anything decent looking. I found a red dress, and I thought it was perfect. I grabbed a pair of my flats, and put those on a chair, along with my dress. After that, I changed into a tee shirt and sweats, and went to go read on the couch.

At around three, I heard a knock at my door. I got up to answer it, and when I opened it, Paul was there. "Hey, beautiful." He said and kissed my cheek. "Hey. Come in." I said, and he walked in. "I'm really excited for tonight!" He said happily. I smiled at him. "So am I." I sat down on the couch, and Paul sat down next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder, and I felt him hold my hand. "I want to hold your hand..." He sang quietly, and I laughed. "You're so cute."

Paul stayed at my house for about another hour. Before he left, he asked, "Do you want to just meet me at the park?" I nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll meet you at six, if that's ok." He smiled. "That's fine. I love you."
"I love you, too." I kissed him one last time, and he left. I went to go change into my outfit, and get ready for tonight.

After I changed, I went into my bathroom and decided on what to do with my hair. I decided to curl it, and make it a curly ponytail. I put on my makeup, and I did smokey eyes, put on a light pink lipstick, and all the other girly stuff. I was ready at five-thirty, so I decided to head out. I grabbed my purse, and made my way to the park.

I waited at the park bench for over an hour. Why wasn't Paul here already? I got up, and asked man walking by for the time. It's eight-thirty. I sighed, and sat back down. I waited for another thirty minutes, until I heard someone I knew coming my way. "Audrey!" I heard the voice say. I turned around, and it was John. "John! Where's Paul?" John was silent. "John, where is he?!" I demanded. "Audrey..." He started to say. "What?" I walked closer to John. "Where is he?!" I shook his shoulders gently. John sighed. "Audrey, he took a cab here on the way to meet you. A drunk driver slammed into the cab he was in."

Author's Note:
"I'll update by Thursday!" I said about a month ago. Well, I updated! This was a really bad chapter, it feels so rushed ;-; Well, comment and vote. I'll update as soon as I can! And now, that will not be a year from now.