chapter 3

You smiled down at the small container of mochi, and other samples of food you made for the meeting. Your heart fluttered happily, making you shake with excitement. You placed the container Down for just a moment, carefully slipping on your shoes. You grabbed it again and stuck it in your bag, heading out the door and down the sidewalk. It was over cast today, looking like it might rain. But you didn't let it break your confidence, which made you raise your chin as if you were superior to your invisible foe.

Then you stopped, and thought.
Will he actually be there, or not? That got your anxiety excited. Your ears turned a bright red, and you made an unsure noise. You looked down at the ground with your eyebrows furrowed,

You were scared.

You shook your head repeatedly and looked up, your nose scrunched up above your mask, And you continued walking. You're not gonna let anxiety get the best of you today. Not now. In just a few minutes you made it to a designated area, many trees standing tall above you. Maybe.. This was the way. You fixed your jeans and strolled into the towering forest, wary of your surroundings. It was nice and quiet here, perfect place to meditate or paint. It's also a nice place to go to when you have to get some thoughts off your Mind. Which was exactly what you two needed. A smile was hidden behind your mask, your cheeks turning a bright, happy pink.

Peaking behind trees and big bushes, leaping over small creeks and holes in the ground. Who knew nature could be so fun! Then you heard a sharp yell come from the opposite direction you were heading in. You whipped your head around towards the yell, seeing oni running across from you. This made you feel a little more confident, knowing he was here.

But then this other guy followed quickly Behind. Wait. Onigawara is being chased! You stuck your container inside of your bag and started jogging. This was risky, but you were going to do it. You spotted the two stopping by the river, looking like they were take each other on, heads together and everything. But oni's hair was covering half of his face. You hid behind a tree, your heart beating painfully fast.

What am I going to do?
You thought to yourself.

The guy landed the first hit in oni's stomach. Oni heaved, and threw a punch, nailing the guy in the nose. His nose practically spurt with blood, but that didn't seem to stop them. As they continued, they inched closer and closer to the river. Every hit you felt. Your shoulders shook and your ears and cheeks were a bright red, you pulled your mask from your face for a bit to breathe.

You saw oni's foot touch the edge, a little bit if the ground crumbling and falling into the rapid water. The guy looked like he was going to do something wicked. He stepped in front of oni, exceeding in being taller then him, and puffing his chest out threateningly.

Oni stepped back again, and everything... Seemed to go in slow motion. You jumped out from the tree and grabbed a thick tree branch, and swung it against the guy's head. He got knocked into the river, and hung onto a rock in the rapids. Oni was holding onto the edge, his legs getting soaked and cut by rocks in the water. You held into his arms, tears brimming your eyes. Adrenaline was blinding you, and before you knew it.. You were on the ground. With him. You managed to pull him up. He was trying to get your attention, you only saw a portion of his face.

He was scared out of his mind for once,
Knowing a guy like him could actually get
Scared was unbelievable.

" ___.. __.. ____!! ", You finally came back to reality, you were still by the river. He was staring right at you, his eyes full of worry. You stared back, trying It Process what happened a mere few minutes ago.

" I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought you in to this, I should have said no.. ", your eyes started to drop in disappointment and disbelief. " You're always getting me out of situations like This. ", You held up a hand to interrupt his self pity, and reached inside your bag. You pulled out the container.

My food ain't going to waste.

He stared at the Container of assorted foods, his cheeks slowly turning red. You shook it. He knew what it meant, and took it. Nodding his head thankfully. You then sat up, crossed your legs, and faced him. He did the same, and pulled the lid off the Container. The smell of mochi filled the air, and he signed in bliss, even if he hadn't tasted yet. He took one, then two, then three, and gave the rest to you. You mentally fist pumped. Your plan worked. You two are quietly, staring quietly at each other. It was like you two had telepathic powers. You stayed like this for a while, then oni snorted, and laughed. You raised a brow at him when he threw his head back, your cheeks turning red. What was his problem? " I can't believe.. Just- gAHAHA-", rice practically sprayed from his mouth and he looked away, you tried not to laugh yourself. You didn't know what was funny, but that's what was funny about it.

Sorry for not updating for a while -