chapter 6

Your day at school was going swell. Well, that until you heard some students talking in the hallways when you were heading out for the bathroom.

" I heard one of the delinquents washed up on shore from the canal, and had to be taken to the hospital for cuts and gashes all over his body from the rocks." You froze in your spot and stared at the wall, leaning behind you against another wall. What if they..what if they found out you and oni were responsible for a guy being put in the hospital? Would you be put in juvy? No, you won't survive in juvy.

Your body shook from anxiety and growing stress, reflexively you  hurried to the bathroom so you wouldn't look suspicious, or hear anymore of it. Sighing , and looking at the mirror at yourself, you see that your mask was partially dropping downwards. You fixed it and went into the nearest stall, first standing there and thinking for a few moments. In the middle of your thoughts, you were interrupted by the girls coming closer and into the bathroom. You hopped up onto the toilet and bent over, being forced to listen to the girls again.

" I heard this rumor where someone saw two students push him into the water , I wonder who it might have been..~" spoke one cocky sounding girl. " Maybe it was Onigawara. It would have made sense because he looked pretty mad about the.. incident. We should spread it more, so he could finally get what he deserves." a deep pit builds up in your stomach, sweat starting to form on your face. no. they..they dont mean..

No, no no..not Onigawara. People are still suspicious about him and the recorder pieces, it wouldn't help if they found out what you and him had done. You were cut through your thoughts once again when one of the girls brought up you," hey, what about that other girl, what was her name...was it.. ____-__? Yeah, that's her name. Didn't she help him out?" The girls with her  agreed with her statement and let her Continue," maybe she has something to do with it. It's almost lunch time, so, we'll go ask during that time. Right, girls..~?" The other two said," right! " And they all left the bathroom, leaving you on the edge of the toilet bowl. You almost ( quite literally ) fell off. But you jumped off in time.  They..they were gonna put suspicion on you. Oh god, no. Oni was in your class at the moment.

This isn't gonna go well if  they find out exactly what you did.

~

A little while later , the bells rang for lunch.

You had hurried back quickly from the convention stand, wanting to get oni something. In your hand, you held a strawberry milk box, cause you often see him drinking them in the hallways. Opening the door to the classroom, you looked about the classroom. Your mask raised in a smile when you spotted him at his desk, eating his food, while reading a manga about something that you probably didn't know of. students watched as you walked across the classroom towards oni, Grabbing a desk and sliding it over to his. He looked up from his book at you, licking a bit of wasabi off his cheek when you sat down.
" Well, well isn't it ___. Ya' actually came and sat with me-- oh, what's this? Whatcha' got there?", He grabs your hand and holds it up, discovering that you had actually had his favorite drink in his hand.

He looks at you, then at the box. Back at you, then back at the box. You nodded, understanding. It was for him, after all. He carefully takes it from your hand and sets it on the table. " Uh..thanks. didn't know ya' knew what I liked to drink." You suddenly start frantically waving your hands, yeesh!
"Oh, it's not like that? Whoops, sorry then, pal." A bead of sweat travels down your forehead, he earned a sigh of relief from you. You both had small talk and ate quietly, it being a pretty casual afternoon..that is, before a couple of girls decided to spoil it. Three girls walked up to us both, you noticing exactly who they were. They were the girls from that one time. " Hey, both of you. We're here to ask a question." You start to get nervous." Do you guys happen to know anything about that delinquent incident~? Like, did you see any of what happened?" Oni tried to act chill.

"nah, chicks. i was at my ma's house. she needed help with some things." onigawara stuffed a nugget into his mouth," go bug someone else. go eat steak, or some dangos. i dont care. just go." the head of the trio grinded her teeth, grunting with annoyance. you started to sink in your seat, which onigawara seems to notice. but he keeps his posture. "got su'm to say? i dont got all day, i gotta finish my lunch." the head inhales, calming her nerves before speaking again. " fine. if you're so sure, then we'll take our leave, but before we do..", she leans her body over your desk, making you shrink even more. " i think ___-__ seems to disagree with your notion..so, do you know what happened?" your face starts to turn red, beads of sweat forming on your forehead. onigawara furrows his eyebrows, his stomach twisting in annoyance. "hey!! she has nothing to do with what you're talking about, just look at her!!", oni points towards you, who was cowering in fear, and avoiding eye contact at all costs," she's scared outta her mind, now bug off. go mess with some other kids, lunch time's almost over." the head glances over to oni, a cocky grin on her cakey face. despite her realization, she'll lay off for the time being. she has other things to fuck around with. the head straightens her stature, waving her girls off so they could leave. "this isnt the end, tenga onigawara." with that burned into your minds, the trio takes their leave.

you take in fast breaths, your heart beating so fast you could hear it in your ears. revealing such a horrible secret would have been terrible, the consequences pulled you on the edge of your seat. you couldn't here the world around you all to well because you were too focused on your thoughts and breathing, that you didn't even realize the bell rung for lunch to be over. onigawara was beyond outraged, but was to busy trying to get you to calm down to pay attention and think. "..___...___!! ____-__!!" You finally snapped out of it. your face felt sticky and wet, but that quickly went away when oni wiped the tears away with his thumbs. "Calm down, it's okay, bud... they're gone." Tenga licks his lips, holding your shoulders firmly so he could keep you up right and alert. you kept your eyes on his, your mouth opening and closing for some odd reason. wait a minute..where's your mask?
You glance to look at your desk to see that the mask was carefully folded and placed by your tin of food, which was put away neatly so you didn't have to trouble yourself to do it when you came back to reality. Your posture returned once you realized what happened, and you lowered your eyes.

you made it look obvious. it wasn't your fault, this is your condition. you could have gotten the both of you in trouble. "Come on, why the long face? Smile, okay? You're gonna be alright.. WE'RE gonna be alright. ight', hun?" Your cheeks burned with color, and you slowly nodded your head in understandment. Oni felt like he needed to do this. he had to. you're on his side, and he isn't gonna let any one mess with you- not on his watch. He owes you for how much you've stood up for him. you saved him twice.

..

"now, come on, ___. class's bout' to start. I gotta get moving. I'll talk to you after school, Kay?", You nod again, giving oni a chance to move his desk back to where it was before. you watched him as he did, carefully pulling your mask back onto your face, putting your half eaten lunch back into your bag.

you look forward to talking to him again.

a/n: hi! It's me again- who even does a/n's anymore? I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, has it been a year? It almost has. Today I decided to rewatch mp100,, and I got the sudden inspiration to write another chapter for this. There will be more to come, so have fun reading.