chapter 2

you unfolded your lunch, and sat at your desk quietly. you made sure you pulled down your mask so you could eat.

you hummed quietly at your home made lunch, smiling down at it with a longing look in your eyes. rice, mochi, nuggets, and sushi rolls. yummy! you thought, even though you made it yourself, but it still looked better then what you did yesterday, and the day before that. you were just about to pick up a sushi roll, before you heard a very slow screech coming from the desk in front of you. you lifted your head, and saw onigawara himself sliding his desk to face yours. the whole room went silent, as he did..did they still not trust the guy, even after he was proven innocent? probably not.

oni slumped into his seat, his cheeks tinted red. you wondered why he looked this way, maybe..his friends encouraged him to do it? it was a good guess. he placed his lunch box on the beaten, and scratched up desk. you eyed his food for a bit, as he unwrapped the top the fresh smell of dango and sushi wafted into the air around us. i could admit, it did smell good.

he sighed, and finally made contact with you." once again chick, thanks for coverin' me out there.", he pulled a mochi off of his dango, and took a bite. you picked up a nugget, and popped it into your mouth. well, it kinda was awkward just staring at each other for a while. then, his eyes trailed to your own food, and your heart, bear, and cat shape mochi. he pointed at it, leaning forward to see the food better," did ya' make that-?" your ears burned a bright red again, and you nodded. he smirked. he's lucky. but, since he wasn't so much as an asshole, he asked nicely." can i try some? ", wow, he's the first person who's ever asked. no one ever asked. hell, no one probably would, till now.

you picked up a cat mochi, and handed it to him. he managed to stick it all in his mouth, and you both waited. he was completely mesmerized by the taste. his cheeks turned a bright red in enjoyment, and a huge a smile spread across your face. he spoke with his mouth still full," god damn, this is amazing. and you made this?", you nodded again, your face and ears a bright red in hope. this was amazing. who knew, a person like him would like your food. he finished what was in his mouth, inhaling, then exhaling deeply. he smirked at you, and ate another piece off of his dango." i gotta say, you're pretty good at that. keep it up, girl.", you felt your heart swell up in happiness, making you practically vibrate.

you were so busy in your mini gush, that you didn't notice him taking the rest of your mochi, and leaving the rest of your food alone. you opened your eyes, and saw that his mouth was full of food again, little rice pieces on his face. at the same time you were upset, but happy. your eyes fixed upon oni, an eyebrow raised at his expression. he was staring at you again, you thought.

then, you giggled to yourself, and caught his attention fully.

he swallowed, and then he spoke." are you free on friday, ____-?", he asked, in fact, you were. and you were pretty happy about that. you nodded quickly, earning a soft grin from him. " then we meet again at two, by the trees. see ya' later.", as if on que, the bell rang for his leave. you sighed to yourself when he left, having his presence around you made you feel safe. having a friend around, was better than you thought it'd be. you swung your legs and ate the rest of your lunch swiftly, then put the container away for later. if he liked your cooking so much, you should make him more mochi for friday. the ones he ate were strawberry, blueberry, and vanilla. you'd make three each, cause you wanted to have some too! which was cut short, because you saw a snobby looking girl coming your way. you pulled you mask back up, and stared at her as she approached. what did she want, you thought. oh no, is she here to-?

she tilted her weight, and glued her hands to her hips stiffly. yuck, you thought with a slight cringe. " hey nerd, what's with you and talking with tenga-perve these days, huh? do you like him or something~?", she slurred her words, making your ears turn red in annoyance, but you toned it down. you shook your head, and she scoffed." like hell i'd believe that, snot nose. i'd like to advice you to stay away from that guy, or you're gonna get picked." picked? what did she mean by that? you didn't wanna know. she grabbed your nose and shook it, making you practically gasp for air. she cackled and twitched her hips away, your face a bright red from embarrassment. who was she, and what was her problem?

 who was she, and what was her problem?