Chapter 8

Mikey's POV

We had gotten home from the farmhouse and luckily me and my brothers were feeling a lot better. Rach and Dawn had taken care of us. They were really nice. April had helped too but not as much. Today we were going back to school. I was wearing some jeans and a grey hoodie. Leo was wearing dark blue jeans and a dark green long sleeve shirt. Donnie had jeans, a grey t-shirt and a dark blue zip hoodie. Raph had baggy jeans a white t-shirt and a red hoodie. Our shoes were the same. Black Nikés. We said goodbye to master Splinter and started to walk to school. We got to our lockers.

"See you guys at P.E." Donnie said and left.

"Catch you guys later." Leo said and left. Me and Raph started to walk to our first period. We had almost every single class together. We had some with Leo and all four of us had P.E together. Which was the third period. Raph and I had English first. We sat down next to each other and the teacher walked in. Mrs. Turner was a middle aged woman with light brown hair that was cut a little above her shoulder.

"Good morning class. I hope that you all had a nice week off." She said.

"Now I want you to write a book report about 'the diary of Anne Franks.' the book you were supposed to read during the last two weeks. Not here though, it's homework for tomorrow." She said. I turned my head to Raph.

"We were supposed to read?" I whispered.

"How come we didn't know that?" He whispered back.

"We can't finished reading that book and write that book report." I whispered.

"Maybe one of the girls have read the book." He whispered back. The rest of the class were not interesting. It wasn't until P.E something happened. We were running a few laps. Then the teacher called everyone over.

"Today you're gonna play some basketball." Coach Collins said. They boys from the basketball team started to cheer. I saw Raph rolling his eyes. None of us liked those guys. They thought they ruled this school and everyone in it.

"The two teams will be like this." Coach said and started calling out names. I was with my brothers, some guys I didn't know and non from the basketball team. They all were on the other team.

"Ready. Let's play." Coach said and blew the whistle. The other team scored first. When it was 18-5, I walked over to my brothers.

"Man, I hate the basketball guys." I said.

"Can't we show 'em dat they're not as good as they think?" Raph asked

"I agree with Raph. I so wanna make them shut up." Donnie said.

"Me too. Let's show them what we can do." Leo said. The coach threw the ball in the air and Will Scott, the captain of the basketball caught it and started to run to hoop. Raph who was the closest to him took the ball and started to run to the other hoop. He passed the ball to Donnie who slam dunked the ball. The other team had the ball, I stole it and passed it to Leo who made a 3 pointer. The four of us played better than all the basketball players. At the end of the game we won with 34-21.

"Hey Hamato!" Scott yelled. We turned around.

"What, Scott?" Leo asked.

"You're really good basketball players. How would you like to join the basketball team?" Scott asked. I looked at my brothers.

"You serious?" I asked.

"Yeah, I talked to Coach. He thinks you should join." Scott said.

"Thanks but no thanks." Donnie said.

"Just think about it." Scott said and left.

"Shell no, Imma join the basketball team." Raph said. We went to the lockerooms and changed.