three

Because I'm so excited for this story, here is another update ☺️

Liam carried Niall to his own den, which was the biggest Niall had been to by now. Liam sat Niall down on the many rugs he had been collecting in the far corner of his den. "So, Niall, tell me more about your life." Niall took a deep breath. "I'm 17 years old and I was in my final year of school. I grew up with my parents, who are an alpha/beta pairing. My mother is a nurse and my father was a doctor. They weren't home often and because of that I often spend my time with my boyfriend Josh, because I was often lonely – ya know? Nobody was ever home." Liam cringed because here it was really normal for the parents to always be there, at least the mother of the pups was always around. It was weird to hear for him that in Niall's world the children were left alone.

"But they needed to work hard, because I wanted to go to university and they had to pay for it and it wouldn't have been cheap. But well, that's never going to happen now." Niall said and he closed his eyes tightly, when the first tears left his eyes. "All I have ever work for, is no gone to waste." Niall broke out into heavy sobs, realizing that he was trapped here for the rest of his live. Also, the death of Josh hit him harder than before, because remembering his old life, meant remembering the person who had been by his side for nearly 3 years by now. "Why did I survive?" Niall whispered, but Liam heard and he bit his lip, unsure if he should tell Niall the real reason why he had been able to cross the border to this island.

Looking in Niall's eyes he saw all the hurt and it broke his head, but he decided to tell the truth. "There is this legend here, that you can have a true mate or soulmate. Yes, the oracle chooses our mate, but it's only able to choose from the pups that live in our pack and it selects the omega which is the most compatible with the alpha. But the legend says, that if somewhere on the world a soulmate to either an omega or alpha has been born, there will be no boundaries which will be able to refrain the pairings from meeting." "You're saying that we are t-true mates?" Niall asked in disbelieve. In his world, there were rumours about true mates, but he had never believed in them, because he had never heard about a soulmate pairing that was still alive. There were stories about ancient ones, but no recent ones. Liam nodded. "Yes, that's the only explanation we have, why you came to our island. And didn't you feel the pull towards me, the first time we met?" Niall nodded. He had felt it as well. "Is there really no other explanation?"

"I'm sorry, but no." Liam said and bit his lip again. Niall looked deep in thought, before he shook his head. "I'm sorry Liam, but I can't be your mate. Not now. I just lost my mate and I can't think about mating now." Liam nodded, he could understand it, but he was still hurt by the rejection. "I know Niall. I just hope that one day you will be able to overcome your grief." Niall nodded and whipped away the tear stains. "I hope so too." Niall whispered softly and Liam smiled at him softly, before he told Niall to lay down. Niall did as he was told and fell asleep. Liam kept smiling at him, before he remembered what he had told Sophia and when he looked outside of his den, he saw that the sun was starting to set and so he left the den, to talk to Sophia.

He waited for her and she came just when the sun disappeared behind the horizon. "Hello, Alpha." She said and bowed before him. "Hello, Sophia. I need to talk to you." Sophia snorted even though it was not very ladylike. "Because of the blonde whore you found?" She asked bitterly and Liam looked at her sharply: "He is not a whore." He spat out. "But yes, he is the reason why I call our mating off. We will consult the oracle again for you to find another fitting mate." "But why him?" She asked and tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She was supposed to be Liam's mate not the blonde omega who had randomly come to their pack.

Liam sighed: "Because he is my true mate." Sophia laughed bitterly. "You believe in that? But then why did the oracle choose me as your mate so young? Normally the oracle only chooses, when the omega hits their first heat, so why did it choose me so early? That must mean something!" Sophia got louder and louder, until she was screaming. Liam pinched his nose. "I don't know why it choose you so early, but yes, I believe in true mates and I know, that Niall is my soulmate. Accept it Sophia, I won't choose you!" Sophia gritted her tears: "You will regret this, Liam! I always thought you were a caring alpha, but you're so selfish! You know that I always trained to be a perfect mate for the pack alpha? That I learned everything about politics, so I would understand everything when you would ramble about it? I wasted so much time on you, just for you to choose some stranger as your mate!"

Sophia closed her eyes, before she suddenly turned around and left the alpha on his own. How dare he, she thought. She went back to the omega den, where she immediately told her best friend Taylor about the situation. Taylor listened intently what Sophia had to say and she tried to sooth the other omega, but Sophia was so angry at this stupid blonde whore, that she told Taylor about her plan how to get rid of the blonde omega. "And I need your help for that." Sophia finished her explanation, but Taylor was unsure. She didn't want to betray her pack, but she also didn't want to lose her best friend, just because she said no. Taylor took a deep breath, before answering:

"Okay, I'll help you."