Chapter 14

Who says drinking helps anything?

The music thumps through my chest as my whole body moves to the beat. I'm dancing with one of the random football players. I think his name is Luis, but I don't remember. He's got his arms around my front as I slide my butt back and forth against him. I can tell he's totally into me, and my mind is too muddy from alcohol to care about the trouble I can get into.

His lips trace the back of my neck and a goofy grin forms on my face. Then suddenly he's raking his warm tongue across my ear. Ew. I shove away from him and head over to the opposite side of the room where they've got all those little shot thingies I tried earlier. I don't know what's in them, but they are super yummy.

"Hey, Camila!" I blink a few times, looking for whoever is shouting my name. Things are way fuzzy. Like, I'm really trying to remember how I got here.

"Huh?" I take a step and next thing I know I'm flat on my face.

"Body shots! Get your hot ass over here!" That sounds like fun! But I don't know where I am. The room is kind of tilted or something.

"Camila?" Strong hands clasp my upper arms and pull me up. Bad move, buddy. Stomach turns and I think I'm gonna...

"You okay?"

Yeah, I know he asked me a question. My brain goes on rewind, but my reactions are so slow. I can't think straight with all the stomach sloshing and stuff. "I gotta find my friends." At least I think this is what I say. It probably came out like, "I gosha feen ma frindsh."

I scan the room to find the girls. Someone who looks like Dinah is making out with a girl on the plush couches near the DJ. Instead of going to either one of them, I go straight to the kitchen. I want another drink, damn it. I still haven't forgotten what happened with Lauren, or what happened with Shawn , and I want it banished from my memory.

Alcohol will do the trick if sex won't. Some kid slaps the shot in front of me. I give him a knowing grin, which probably looks stupid since I'm hammered, and toss the plastic cup back. "I think that should be your last one," someone says in my ear. I roll my eyes, which is a bad idea because the room shifts, and I end up toppling to the floor.

I hear someone laughing, but a different someone than whoever it is that keeps helping me off my ass.

"Come on, Camila. I'll take you home."

Shawn? I look up and sort of make out his face. Yeah, I think it's him. There are drumsticks hanging out of his back pocket. I feel the earth shift again, and I stumble even though I was just standing there.

"Whoa. Let's get you out of here." I nod, the slush in my head slopping around. That actually sounds like a good idea. I'm not feeling so hot.

He leads me to his car... I think. And I pass out on the seat.

----

"Hey." Someone slaps me across the face. "Hey, wake up."

My eyes flutter open. The world is blurry, but I know I didn't take my contacts out last night. Wait a second. Where am I? Whose car is this?

"Is this your house?" I rub my face before pressing it against the car window. Yeah, that looks like my house.

"Uh huh." I answer weakly. "Oh good." Shawn sighs, and I hear him undo his seatbelt. "I couldn't really understand you when you gave me your address."

Huh. I don't remember that.

"Come on." Hey, when did he get out of the car? And when did he start carrying me? Oh gosh, I don't like that. It's making my stomach churn.