CHAPTER 16: An explosive encounter...the city of love!

Damon Reid vs. Tristan Thomas. The City of Love!

***

Damon smiled broadly when his feet touched the ground. Cole and Briana had similar smiles on their faces. They were both leaning against a sleek black limo, looking at Damon and Tristan walk towards them.

“Vousêtes les bienvenus Monsieur Reid.” Étienne, Damon’s care taker who also doubled as a chauffeur greeted, smiling happily at Damon. He started walking with them towards the parked limo. “Did you have a good flight?” 

“We did Étienne, thanks.” Damon extended his hand to give Étienne a firm handshake. “And how is everything back home? Adelaide and the children okay?”

“They are very well Sir. Adelaide is not happy you are not going to stay at home this time around.” Étienne said.

“I knew she wouldn’t be happy with that. So I brought her extra Dove chocolates.” Damon chuckled. “Tell her I said I’ve missed her delicious meals and will be coming over for dinner on Wednesday, with my friends.”

Étienne laughed. “You know the way to my Adelaide’s heart Mr. Reid.”

“Of course I do.” Damon laughed.

Damon’s family owned a really big house in Paris, where he usually stayed whenever he visited France. Étienne and his lovely wife and two kids stayed on the property and ensured it was well catered to.  This time, however, Damon had decided to stay on the luxury beach resort where Cole and Briana were staying. He knew it was going to upset Adelaide as she wouldn’t get the chance to spoil him as she usually did on his visits to Paris.

“Finally.” Cole boomed, reaching out to give Damon a big hug.

“Yep. We’re here.” Damon said turning to look at the beautiful Briana. “You, my love, are looking even more beautiful.” He enfolded Briana into his arms, picked her up and twirled her around causing her to squeal in delight.

“I’ve missed you Damon. Couldn’t wait for you to get here. At least now I can go out and have some fun.” Briana gushed, breathless from being twirled around by Damon.

“He’s been keeping you in bed huh? Told you you’d be happier with moi.” Damon drawled, making Briana howl with laughter whilst Cole flipped him a bird.

“I hear I did you a favour by not taking you up on your offer.” Briana said with a smile. “Shouldn’t you be making introductions?” She said glancing behind Damon at Tristan who had his back to them. He was on his phone talking to someone.

“What exactly did you hear?” Damon asked reaching behind him to take hold of Tristan’s hand to pull him to his side.

“Everything.” Cole drawled. “Oh and Chris called this morning.” Hisdark brown eyes were dancing with amusement.

Damon groaned. “You boys have nothing better to do I can see.”

“Nope.” Cole grinned.

“Bastards.” Damon murmured making Cole burst into laughter.

Damon realized Tristan had finished his call. “Tris, meet Cole and Briana.” Then turning his head to look at Tristan, he added. “And this is Tristan, my boyfriend. No scratch that…the love of my life.”

Tristan blushed slightly. He couldn’t help it. Damon was looking at him in that way. “Hi.” He said simply, extending his hand to Cole. But Cole surprised him by pulling him into his strong arms for a hug. Tristan realized Cole was very tall and muscular.  Almost as tall as Damon.

Then with an impish grin, Cole leaned down and gave Tristan a kiss on each of his cheeks.

“That’s how it’s done here.”