CHAPTER 18: An explosive encounter...love to the rescue!

Damon Reid vs. Tristan Thomas: Love to the rescue.

Pix of a devastated Damon, looking at a drugged TT, on the side

***

“Have you tried calling him?” Cole asked a worried looking Damon.

They were sitting on the beach after ten p.m. Tristan was still not back from his meeting with Chloe.

“I have Cole. It goes straight to his voice mail. Maybe he needs time. Maybe he’s…”

“We both know Tristan loves you Damon. I haven’t known him for long, but I know genuine love when I see it. He adores you. He wouldn’t need that long a time to set whatever straight with that girl. You have to go look for him dude.” Cole said, his voice stern.

Cole remembered his conversation with Tristan that afternoon when he met Tristan on his way out to meet with the girl. He had told Tristan in no uncertain terms what to expect from him if he dared to break Damon’s heart.

“So help me God, I’m going to thrash you to within an inch of your life if you dare break his heart.” Cole had said to Tristan, his voice lethal as he stared Tristan down. “Oh and consider that as both a promise and a threat.”

Cole had been surprised at the amused smile that had spread across Tristan’s face. He thought he had managed to look frightening enough.

“Why the fuck are you smiling?” Cole had snapped.

“Finally.” Tristan had said, shaking his head in amusement. “Finally, someone threatens me on his behalf. He will be thrilled to hear this.”

“He’s my best friend Tristan. I’ve known him for years. And I’ve never seen him this crazy about anyone. So I need to make sure you are taking this just as seriously as he is.”

“Don’t worry Cole. I’d rather die than hurt that jackass. I love him too fucking much. He is my life.” Tristan started walking towards where Étienne was parked. “And guess what Cole, I do value my life.” He threw over his shoulders.

Cole hadn’t been able to stop the smile that spread across his face. Damon was in good hands and that was all that mattered.

Now sitting on the quiet beach looking at his friend, Cole was ready to bet on his life that Tristan wasn’t doing anything deliberately to hurt Damon. There was a good explanation for his silence and absence. Maybe the battery on his phone had run down, maybe he was hurt somewhere, maybe he… There just had to be a good explanation for Tristan’s MIA act.

“I don’t even know where he went.” Damon said quietly.

“Étienne drove him there right? Call him. If you don’t, and anything happens to Tristan, you will never be able to forgive yourself Damon. Trust me on that.”

Damon felt his heart begin to beat faster. What if Cole was right? What if something bad had happened to Tristan? Well, what if Tristan had decided he preferred to be with Chloe after all, and they were celebrating with a marathon of sex somewhere? What if…”

“Damon, snap out of it. Stop thinking too much and act. What is the worst that could happen? He prefers her so chooses her over you. Big deal!”

“What are you now? A fucking mind reader?” Damon muttered.

“I could see the wheels turning inside your stupid head by looking at your ugly face dude. You just have to move on if that happens. It will be difficult but you have all of us. We will help you get through it. But what if he needs you right now? Call Étienne now Damon.”

“Okay I’m calling him.” Damon said dialing Étienne’s number. They were supposed to have gone to the house for dinner but had to cancel when Tristan was not showing.