Chapter 5

Important A/N: there's a grammar mistake in the chapter and I refuse to fix it because people keep pointing it out in a very rude way. Little do they know their negative comments are only increasing the book's reach x.

<Spencer>

I was feeling comfortable. Too comfortable.

My back felt relaxed, and my muscles were resting smoothly against something soft and cold.

I was hugged by a duvet, the comfiest duvet ever. I opened my eyes slowly, but I couldn't see much. It was very dark. After my eyes adjusted a bit for the darkness, I could make out the outlines of Ryder's room.

I kept shuffling in my bed. I didn't know if I should get up or wait for Ryder to wake up or if I actually should wake him up.

"sleeeeep" Ryder groaned, apparently awakened by my movements.

"I can't" I said. I was feeling it again. You might be wondering what 'It' is and that's okay because I don't know what 'it' is either.

It's a feeling I guess. I get it at random times where I just feel like I'm not where I belong and that I have to leave as soon as possible. But the tricky thing about it is that it even happens when I'm home in my own bedroom. My mind is messed up.

Ryder sighed. "I'm gonna regret this, but why can't you sleep?" he asked amidst a yawn.

"I don't feel well. How did I get here anyway? I don't remember a thing" I freaked out for a second and checked if I still had my clothes on. I was luckily still wearing them. I gave a sigh of relief because in wattpad books they usually wake up in their underwear I don't know why.

"I found you asleep on my doorstep when I came back from my date"

Oh yeah I forgot he had a girlfriend. Whenever I think of relationships I remember Heather and shudder internally.

"Must be nice to go on a date" I muttered more so to myself than him but he heard anyway.

"You've never been out on a date?" Ryder asked in surprise.

I shook my head.

"You do realize I can't see you so you have to speak" he said. I mentally face palmed.

"No I haven't" I heard Ryder shuffle in his bed and then he clapped. Before I could inquire about why was he clapping, the lights turned on. "You're so extra"

"Have you never been in a relationship before?" Ryder asked bluntly, ignoring my comment. He was going to dangerous territory that I didn't want him to pass.

"I have"

"Then how-"

"We never went on a date" I didn't want him to pity me, and the look on his face was nothing but pity. "Where are my stuff?"

He pointed to where my stuff were, which was on the floor against my bed.

"Also how did you carry me to bed?"

"You weigh less than a dog" his voice was still groggy with sleep. "What I wanna know is how did you not wake up at all? I thought you were dead for a second"

"Yeah my meds have that effect. They make me insomniac as hell, but when I fall asleep I'm dead to the world."

"What meds?"

"You're really nosey you know that?"

He shrugged. "I prefer the word curious."

He was strange. He wasn't like the Ryder I see on campus or with his friends or the Ryder that asks me for bitter black coffee. This was someone completely different. Someone who sounds fun to hang out with. But not in public because his long hair was a m e s s.

"You're really weird you know that?"

"What do you mean"

"Ugh I'm too tired to explain just accept the fact that you're weird and move on" I said.

I had to get out of these clothes. Sleeping in jeans is very uncomfortable.

I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out a flannel pajama. "Where do I change" I looked around but didn't see anywhere specific, except for the bathroom which was in the kitchen and I didn't feel like going all the way there it was like 10 feet no thanks.

I started unbuttoning my shirt, which earned me a "what are you doing the bathroom is over there".

I ignored him and threw my button up on my suitcase. I decided I'll reorganise all my stuff in the morning. I had no work tomorrow either ways.

I started unbuttoning my pants and that's when Ryder started screaming "DUDE WHAT THE HELL" but I also ignored and I was left in my underwear.

"I'm very indiscreet" I stated and started to put on my pj "be thankful I'm sleeping in my pjs. When I get used to the new living arrangements I might, no I will be sleeping in my underwear."

He looked scared.

When I finished getting dressed I went back to my bed and sat in it. Ryder was looking at me like I was an alien.

"What?"

"Are you not going back to sleep?"

"No. I'll sleep some other day" I shrugged. "It's okay you can sleep"

He uncovered himself and disappeared into the kitchen. "Have you eaten?" he said from there.

"No" I replied.

I don't even remember the last time I had eaten. I didn't even realise I was hungry.

I heard the sounds of food being prepared. Was he really heating food this late? I think I'm in love. Nah that was an exaggeration but seriously that was such a nice thing to have. Someone who you would get up in the middle of the night with and just casually heat some food and eat.

As Ryder worked in the kitchen I went to the couch area. There was a medium sized flat screen TV hung on the wall. All in all the apartment was really cool and in a good condition.

I turned the TV on and two channels later I found the Hunger Games on so I left it.

A few minutes later Ryder came to the sitting area and placed a big tray with food on it on the coffee table.

"You seem really hungry even though I'm the one who hasn't eaten in days" I pointed it out when he started inhaling food.

"I rarely eat here"

"And you don't because"

"It's a long story"

I looked at him stupidly. "We literally have nothing but time right now"

"When I was younger, whenever something bad happened, with mom and dad I mean, they would each go to separate rooms and leave me and my brother by ourselves. And almost all their fighting used to happen when we're eating, so we'd end up eating alone." he spoke like it didn't bother him much, but his face said otherwise. "And as I grew up I became anxious about eating by myself, so if I'm alone, I don't sit and eat. So I either eat out with Jane or with my friends or grab a sandwich from someplace."

"That's unfortunate I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault"

"Still sorry. Well now we can eat together if you'd like that" I offered.

He looked directly in my face and his usual grouch broke into a smile. He didn't look a bad boy at all.

"Yeah. Yeah I'd like that a lot"

After we were done eating we continued the movie, both of us sprawled on the couch. Turned out Ryder has never watched the Hunger Games series so I told him we'll watch them together and he loved the idea. Something told me that this was going to be the start of something nice.

Wow this was a late update. I'll try be more frequent.