Chapter 13

Ryder//

I got a text. I checked it as I locked the door behind me.

Jane: Call me immediately. V.imp.

I ignored the text. I needed to talk to Spencer not her. I needed Spencer right now and not her. Well I needed him because of her.

My phone ringtone startled me as I hurriedly took the stairs, not wanting to wait for the lift.

I cursed and pressed 'Okay'.

"Ryder" Jane cried. Her voice trembling, making her sound like she was crying for hours. "Ryder, you need to come here as soon as possible." she cried even more and then hung up. She didn't even tell me where she was ughhh.

Spencer//

"Are you gonna tell me where are we goin or??" Jack questioned, breaking my reverie. I didn't even tell him where are we going and he was the driver. "And why do you have your guitar on you? Are you playin a gig?" I liked how Jack can't pronounce the G's at the end of the words properly.

"Oh shit sorry" I apologised, "do you know Rivertown?"

"The town up north? Yeah of course"

"Yeah we're going there"

"Alright"

"Are you not going to ask why?" it was weird to just agree and go with it, but that's Jack with people he trusts, he doesn't mind doing anything, as long as it's morally right and legal.

he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm more interested at knowin why do you have your guitar on you" once again, not saying the G. I got to know that that was why he didn't speak much. He speaks freely with me because he believed that I wouldn't make fun of him or anything.

"I wanted to leave the room as soon as possible and I didn't feel like storing it back in its case"

"Problems with Ryder again?" Jack was only making conversation because he hates car silence. He would do anything for his car not to be silent. He reminded me of a song called Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots. Good song.

"He would piss me off much less if his brain is extracted from his ass and transplanted back in his head"

Jack laughed. "You have nice descriptions"

I shoved him lightly with my elbow. He seemed to be out of conversation starters so he went for the car radio but I swatted his hand off.

"Since I have my guitar why don't I play you a song?"

"You are actually willin to play a song right now?" he asked amusingly. I nodded. "then go for it"

I positioned my guitar properly and strummed a bit then started singing.

Cause I can't make you love me
If you don't,

You can't make your heart feel
Something it won't,

Here in the dark,
These final hours
I will lay down my heart
And I feel the power