Chapter Four

"So get this. You know Evie right?" Angela had began her daily gossip as she cracked open my window and lit a cigarette that was perfectly poised in between her red lips, "Well while I'm the bathroom, this bitch comes in and asks me to use my lipstick. MY LIPSTCK." Angela shook her head, "The nerve."

I was dumbfounded, "So...you're mad cause she asks you to borrow some lipstick?" I asked, sitting Indian style on my bed across from her.

"Do you know not remember last year? Well anyway, I look at her and laugh. She gets this dumb look on her face and tells me not to be a bitch. Me. A bitch. Yeah, okay miss 'I like to spread rumors about Angela stuffing her bra.'"

"But you do stuff your-"

"Not the point, Cherry." She snapped, "Not my fault I can't afford a D cup."

"You can't even afford a C cup." I muttered, a smile forming on my naked lips.

She rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me, "What the hell ever," Her eyes flickered to my breasts and back up to me, "Whoever is the lucky guy to see those bad boys are lucky."

"Angel!"

Angela shrugged, taking a drag of her cigarette, "Its true."

"You don't have to point it out."

It wasn't that I was embarrassed about Angela talking about my breasts, but I have yet to lose my virginity and to think of it kinda made me uneasy.

"You need to use them to your benefit," She tossed her cigarette out the window. She pulled out her pack of Newports. Angela didn't care what she smoked, as long as it blackened her lungs, she had no problem, "Not everyone is blessed with nice jugs."

"Damnit," She cursed, "I'm out of cigarettes. Think your brother will have some?"

"Yes to him having them, no to sharing them." Keith was always weird about his cancer sticks, and I knew he wouldn't just offer them away to Angela.

I didn't care for smoking. I didn't see the point in ruining my body and teeth.

"Well we'll have to make a run to the DX." She told me casually.

My heart leapt at her words. A certain boy was most likely working today and hopefully Angela won't say anything .

"And you get to see your boyfriend." She smirked, gathering her purse and closing my window.

Damnit.

XXX...XXX

Truth be told I was mildly disappointed by all the soc girls who surrounded Sodapop as he wiped down the front counter, and his warm smile told me he was eating up this attention like cake.

Admittedly I was jealous of the Soc girls. They always have new designer clothes, and they somehow managed to do their hair and makeup everyday like it was prom. I usually got my clothes from Salvation Army, Angela once she got tired of her's, or even Keith's hand me downs. His shirts were big and comfortable though. Many times I've found myself in his room, digging through his drawers for a nice, comfortable cotton T-shirt.

We walked up to the counter, I was trudging slightly behind Angela. When she cleared her throat, the girls head's instantly turned snapped over to us.

Now, if I was by myself then maybe I would be a bit freaked out but with Angela at my side, these girl's were nothing.

Angela's smile was filled with poison and fake sweetness, "Could ya'll move? You're blocking the damn register." Her voice was laced with venom.

One of the girls who had a straight red hair eyed Angela nastily,"Excuse you?"