Chapter 5

Aria's P.O.V.

The next morning, I got up early in order to make lunch for two people. I love cooking so it wasn't such a hassle as I hummed happily while I prepared an obento for Mari-chan.

"Miss Sakamoto, I thought I told you I can handle making your and your friend's lunch. You don't have to keep on making it yourself! I am the head chef for a reason-" I turned to look at the head chef of the house, Mr. Kaden Wolfe. He is a young chef at the age of 18 that my parents had found in America and since his amazing talents has always been turned down due to his young age, he was close to giving up. Though, thanks to my parents, his dreams were given light as he was given a chance to work at our household as the head chef and also take lessons from professional chefs in order for him to be able to open his own restaurant with the help of my parents' money. His cooking has been progressing and I can assure you that it is just amazing! Even from the beginning his cooking was great but with the help of his visits to learn from pros, his techniques became more clean yet quick, the food he creates are more imaginative and each bite from the food he makes is irresistible and can make many five star restaurants be in shame. Those people who turned him down will really regret it.

"I am fully aware of that Kaden, but I love cooking and even though I am truly in love with the food you make, I want to be an independent person for just the time being as a high school student. You teaching me how to cook shouldn't go to waste, am I right?" I cut him off. He has always been so persistent to cook for me due to the fact that he was scared that he wasn't being useful to me. He truly wants to keep his job and to continue his lessons and me cooking for myself has been scaring him. I always reassured him but he would insist to cook for me again and again.

"Yes...but-" he tried.

"But nothing Kaden. And please stop with the 'Miss Sakamoto.' I already told you to call me Aria." I gave him a small smile. His pale skin turned pink and he looked all flustered as he turned away while scratching his chin. In all honesty, Kaden is really good looking. His blonde hair was a dark shade of yellow and was a bit long and was swept to the right. Even though he hides it, I can see a piercing on his left ear so it shows that he had some sort of a rebellious phase in his life. His green emerald eyes were striking and I can tell that all his practicing defined his biceps. Along with the fact that I sometimes see him working out in the workout room or simply running around the yard of our house. Besides that, his hands were just perfection as his fingers were long and slender. My hand would be the size of his palm which I see as rather useful in not only cooking but also in sports but I have never seen him play a sport.

When I first met him, he didn't talk and only gave me a hard glare. Even when he found out I was the daughter of the two people who gave him a chance, he still had that cold look though he tried to cover it with a fake smile. If only he knew that fake smiles can't go unnoticed by me..because I too cover my emotions with a fake smile. I can tell that he only shows his nice and caring side to a handful of people due to his personal problems which I should not inform you just yet.

"Alright... if you say so." He finally agreed with a sigh and messed up my hair. A blush coated my cheek because to tell the truth, I had a small crush on him when we first met but those feelings vanished a long time ago. His good looks and kind actions still get to me though.

I finished wrapping the obentos and set it on the counter.

Kaden had prepared me breakfast and like always, it was like a buffet so I made Kaden join me. He was reluctant at first but then allowed it soon after realizing that I won't back down.

The food was amazing and it just tasted even better with the company of Kaden if that could even happen! He kept a conversation going while we were eating which I haven't experienced before. though, he kept his manners and spoke after he swallowed his food and used the napkin to wipe his mouth. He was a kind gentleman who had humor which I loved.