Chapter 8. His story

Minrae's P.O.V:

My brother and I walked back home, without waiting for Jongup or Sungyeol. I guess the two went somewhere else because when we got home, Sungyeol still hasn't arrived.

It was so nice to be able to spend time with my brother again, it felt like I could be happy again. But the damage those past 3 years without him have done couldn't be just healed in a day or two. It needed a lot of time for me to change back, but if it's for my brother, then I'm willing to do it.

We got in my apartment and sat down on the sofa.

"Brother," I started talking. "What have you done during the past 3 years?"

"Well, Minrae, I've done a lot actually." He started telling me. "The military service wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, it was very tough during the first few months. But then I got used to it, I even got to enjoy it. They told me that I was a good soldier and they wanted me to stay longer and go to a higher rank, which meant that I would have to do more work but I'd get a good salary. I became the leader of an Alpha unit and we had quite some missions together, especially abroad. Those missions sometimes involved me getting hurt and having a high risk of death but, well, that's just what soldiers do to protect their country."

I was listening to him very carefully and attentive, absorbing every word he said and trying to imagine him in those situations.

"It wasn't easy being apart from our family and I'm sorry I wasn't able to visit you sooner." He continued. "I've talked with the boys and they told me that you have a nickname. 'Ice Princess'? Back then nobody would have even thought of describing you like that." He laughed a bit. "But then I realized, I think it was my faut that you've become like this. And I wanna apologize for that, I really really am sorry, Minrae."

I felt how my eyes teared up. I couldn't hold back my emotions and hugged my brother tightly. I wanted to tell him that it's okay, that he shouldn't worry too much about me but everything that came out of my mouth were just ugly sobs.

Listen kept hugging me and comforting me until I calmed down. When I pulled apart from him, I looked into his eyes and said, while trying to kind of smile:

"It's okay, brother. I'm just glad you're back safely. I've missed you a lot and it's true that I've changed but please don't give yourself the fault for it. A lot happened while you were away that you don't know, but don't worry about it. You're back and that's all that matters right now."

He smiled and I stopped crying completely. It was a nice feeling to cry because you're happy and not sad.

I stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. After crying, my face was a bit swollen and my eyes red. No way to go out of the house like this.

"Minrae-ah!" My brother yelled from the living room. "I'll do some grocery shopping for dinner, just stay here and wait for me, okay?"

"Okay!"

And like that, I was alone in my apartment again.

I changed into comfortable clothes and turned on my computer to do some homework. About half and hour passed and Listen came back from shopping.

"Tonight, I'll cook you a feast!" He proudly announced. "Continue your homework while I cook you the best meal you've ever had."

"Wow, those a big words you're saying." I said. "I hope you aren't gonna let down my expectations."

"Oh I definitely won't."

----------------------------

Hello everyone~

After 3 years, I came back hahaha

That surely is a long wait for such a bad fanfic like this one, but oh well.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and if you did please vote and leave a comment, I'd really appretiate it! ^^