How About Both

To: Chunky Vanessa😂
-I'm sorry about earlier. Look. Vanessa, Mom told me about you telling her what we're doing. I appreciate that you want to help me. I beg you to tell me everything of what you think about me. Please. Thank you. And good night.

He send it to Vanessa and finally, the burden in his chest was gone.

He knew that Vanessa could see through him. Well, he was not really an 'introvert' in the past, not until Rach broke up with him. His broken heart made him a lonely person and the fact that he never wanted to get hurt again.

That's why he don't want to make anymore mistakes.

His relationship with Harry was really 'heaven', just like the heaven he had when he was still with Rach. But that heaven lacks something.

It was 'trust'. He couldn't just trust Harry his love, he couldn't risk getting hurt again, that's why he don't really take her seriously, but he do wants her badly. As for Harry, as August can see it, she was afraid to loose him.

Afraid to loose him that's why she was acting childish whenever she sees him with another woman.

"Damn life. It's just a matter of win or lose; die or live; pained but happy or not pained but not happy." he whispered. Scowling at the ceiling.

----

"Augustus..?! Wake up!" his mother was knocking on his door. August was awake but somehow he can't move.

He wanted to but there's something stopping him. His body was paralyzed, his mind is wide awake. He was shouting to his mother that he's awake but there was just no voice coming out of his mouth. He closed his eyes and the pleasure of sleep is pulling him into something like an endless void. He felt like he was gonna be trap there.

Then he took a deep breathe.

Damn it Augustus Zachary! Wake up! You'll become extrovert again! Right?!

He stretches his feet, and struggled hard to move. Every time he moves, there's just something above him that stops him to move. He opened his eyes and was suprised to see a blurry, dark face. An old woman.

----

"Hello?" August said. He finally woke up and check his phone. He was more than late at school because it was already lunch time and he saw four messages and seven missed calls. Most of it are from Vanessa.

"Where are you?! Seriously!" Vanessa said, he hadn't had time to check the messages. Because when he was free from that endless void of sleep, Vanessa was calling him.

"I'm --"

"Damn August! Your mother is worried sick! I was worried sick! I can't even focus on my costumers!"

"Ohhh.. Sorry. Well, I'm okay now, don't worry.." there was a wide grin forming at his lips.

"Good. Well, see you later." she said, August murmured 'hmm' at her and expected that she would end the call. But she didn't.

"What? Aren't you ending the call?" he asked.

"Well. I'm waiting for your reaction."

"What reaction?"

"To my texts! You haven't read it?"

"No. Not yet. I just woke up."

"Ohhh, okay. Bye." she ended the call and August can't help but smile.

Worried sick? Well, I was worried that I wouldn't see her again.

He suddenly had big eyes and his mind took back what it said.