Umm Kulthoom

Umm Kulthoom was the 'Al-Mumtahanah' The Woman Who Was Examined after whom the Soorah was named. It was her case that prompted the revelation of those clear verses.
Ibn Sa'd wrote in at-Tabaqiit: "She was the first person to migrate to Madeenah after the Prophet's migration. We did not know of any Muslim Qurayshi woman who went out of her parents' house and migrated to Allah ﷻ and His Messenger ﷺ except  Kulthoom Umm."

It was on the day of the Truce of
Hudaybiyah, Umm Kulthoom realized that the truce offered her an opportunity for migration and joining Allah's Messenger ﷺ and her fellow Muslims in Madeenah. So she set out. Alone! Although it was one of the conditions of the truce that the Prophet ﷺ should send back anyone from among the Quraysh who came to him as a migrant, even if he was upon his religion. It was on this occasion that Allah ﷻ revealed His saying,"O' you who believe! When believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them."
Umm Kulthoom was examined and she passed the examination!
She did not migrate in order to escape from an oppressive husband! She did not migrate in search of a wealth! She did not migrate in search of worldly material! She migrated solely because of her love for Allah ﷻ and his Messenger ﷺ !!!

[Taken from: "Women Around the Messenger"]

*     *     *     *

Don't forget to vote and comment!