I'm Close

I believe this will be the last time I write in this journal, Deidara, I should prepare myself for war. Yes, there will be a war, I write this to you once again because surely you've forgotten about it, or perhaps not; maybe you're reading this from wherever you are. I like to believe that, I'd like that to be true.

Guess who personally declared war on them. Yes, my love, it was I.

They refused to hand over the Hachibi and the Kyuubi, I had no other choice than to warn them that I'd use the other seven beasts. They won't save themselves, they won't. Everyone will see the real world, the real hell.

I don't know, but every time the days pass, my memories invade me. Our memories. It's something annoying, I have to admit, but I like it. I like the fact that I haven't been able to forget about you and turn my back on you like I did with the others. Especially with Kakashi.

Oh, I believe I haven't told you about Kakashi. He, too, was my teammate— I saved his skin — the one who took your other arm with... my Sharingan. Yet another thing to add to your list as to why you hate the Sharingan.

I allied with Kabuto, remember him? The four-eyes who followed Orochimaru, he says he has something that could help me win the war, should I trust him? What would you do in my position, Deidara?

"Agh, it'd complicate my life for nothing, an artist doesn't need this much stress. hm." Yeah... you'd say something like that, or at least think it, I'm sure.

And neither would you trust the assistant of that snake you never liked, it must be because he deserted the organization and that's why you had to join the Akatsuki, I can't think of any other motive.

I killed Konan, my little one. I need to confess it to someone, even if you're not here, even if I can't feel the punches you'd give me or hear your insults, I need to vent.

I'm beginning to regret it.

At this point, where I'm just one step closer to getting what I've so much wanted, I'm staggering, I don't know what to think. Is it okay to continue with this, Deidara? I killed you all, in some way or another. I'm the one responsible as to why you've all fallen— I hope you're all together, because I know that deep down you all got along,— I guided and pushed you all to the same abyss I fell into so many years ago.

I have Nagato's eye. You remember Nagato, no? I have the Rinnegan.

And... there's a boy that reminds me of me.

"Two of you? What a bother, hm."

I laugh upon hearing your voice in my mind.

He reminds me of me because I, too, was naïve and stupid. I believed in a world where peace and the union of the five nations was possible. But it's impossible, it was an idiotic dream that I believed I could make reality with words. I was very stupid, don't you think?

I should leave now, Kabuto is waiting for me with the 'surprise' that's going to help me win.

Until then, Deidara.