Memories.

Everything had gone out of control, but of something I was sure.

Naruto's words resonated deep in my heart and mind, I knew he was right, but I refused to believe it.

How could a world exist where peace stops being a dream and becomes a reality?

"That's not the Obito that Rin wanted to see."

I felt a knot on my throat as my unconscious stroke me with painful words.

"This is not the Obito that loves Deidara."

I am a beast, I'm not Obito Uchiha, I'm not Tobi.

I am a heartless being.

I am someone whose lost their light.

I am that person that wanders between memories of the past.

I am that person that walks without a fixed path and a heart in pieces.

I observed my hand where Rin had once healed it years back.

But that's not the scene I saw in my mind.

Deidara throwing a bomb, and I, distracted, submerged in my memories, couldn't avoid it and it exploded, causing me an injury.

I hid it, like many years ago.

I lied, like many years ago.

And they found me out, like many years ago.

I received the same frown, the same look of disapproval.

But the feeling wasn't the same.

"How can you be a member of the Akatsuki, hm?"

You spat, angry and frustrated while I continued on my act of being stupid; shrieking, pretending to cry. But you surprised me, like always.

You always knew how to surprise me, Deidara.

You ripped the sleeve of your cloak, knowing that once we've returned from capturing the Three Tails, Kakuzu would scold you and give you a lecture. Even so, you carelessly bandaged my hand, you were not a medical ninja like Rin; you weren't as delicate as Rin; you didn't comfort me with sweet words like Rin.

You are not Rin, my little one.

You scolded me for being an idiot. You threatened with choking me if I held us back again.

And your eyes, Deidara, your eyes showed a hint of regret.

This is not the Obito that yearned to caress Deidara's golden hairs.

This is not the Obito that adored Deidara's fuming look.

This is not the Obito that treasured every miniscule show of affection from Deidara.

This is not the Obito that loves Deidara.

This is not the Obito that dreams of Deidara every night.

This is not the Obito that unconsciously whispers Deidara's name.

This is not the Obito that, upon closing his eyes, wishes to open them only to see Deidara.

This is not the Obito that offered his torn and rotten heart to Deidara.

This is the Obito Uchiha who assassinated his dear Deidara, and that now, can only be with him when he sleeps, when he ignores the world, when he rejects the idea of letting him go.

I don't want to be this Obito Uchiha, Deidara.

I want to be the Obito Uchiha that loves you and that will love you even when his life has come to an end.

Naruto, you've opened my eyes.

Naruto, you've managed to make my heart beat again.

Naruto, you've made me think of my light again.

Naruto,

you've made it so that I do not leave forgotten the Obito Uchiha who loves his light:

the impossible and unattainable

Deidara.