Chapter 15

Tim POV: 

The second I step foot in the kitchen, Audrey glares at me, while helping Kim cook. I can tell I'm definitely not welcome here. I clear my throat, and lean against the doorway, locking eyes with Audrey, and refusing to look away until she does. 

"Hey, Kim, do you know where Mack is?" I ask, still watching Audrey. Audrey peels her eyes away to looks down as the lettuce she's cutting. 

"Yeah! He's outside with Jana." She answers. I spare her a smile, locking eyes with Audrey once more before walking out to meet Jana and Mack. Jana plays on the tire swing while Mack sits on the porch in an adirondack chair. I sit on the one beside him, and sink down a bit, feeling exhausted. 

"That went probably even worse than I pictured." Mack lets out, seeming genuinely angry. I nod slowly. 

"Yeah, I know..." I admit, sighing. I watch Jana swing happily, throwing her head back and letting her brown hair blow back. 

"Do you even remember what you told her that night?" He asks, making me sit and think. I vaguely remember pieces, but not the argument. I shake my head slowly, feeling a little guilty that I don't. Mack raises his eyebrows before shaking his head. "You tore her to shreds... I'm sorry, but I have to side with her on this one." He says, brutally honest as usual. 

"What did I say?" I question, making Mack almost uncomfortable. 

 Seven Years Earlier...  

I sit in the hospital bed, feeling like shit as I lie completely dehydrated after having had my stomach pumped out. I'm currently waiting for my body to throw the rest up after they gave me some charcoal stuff to force me to vomit. My eyes burn, and my body aches, while Audrey sits beside me quietly. 

I look over at her, feeling a rushing of anger hit. The pain is so much worse now... 

"Why couldn't you just let me die?" I croak out, watching her cringe. She doesn't respond, and just remains silent, completely ignoring me. "How can I make it more clear that I don't want to do this anymore?" I continue, watching her shut her eyes. "Audrey." I spit out, causing her to look at me. I feel an overwhelming wave of pain hit me, making me grow infuriated. "Fuck!" I cry out in pain. She places her hand on my arm, causing me to pull mine away. "Don't you dare fucking touch me." I spew her way, panting as I try to recover. Her eyes water, making me feel disgusted. "Don't you fucking push out fake tears." I chastise, before looking over at her. She looks down at her lap. "I should've known... I should've known you'd screw me over like this..." I ramble, before kicking over a metal tray table beside my bed, causing her to jump as it crashes on the ground. 

"Tim, stop." She warns, her voice sounding hesitant. 

"I fucking hate you." I respond, lying back, and feeling my chest burn. She leans back in her chair, as if she's completely ignoring me. I want her to hear me... I want her to hear every goddamn word. "I should've listened when they told me you were nothing but a no-good whore." I spit out, before grimacing in pain as my stomach tightens. Audrey cringes, staring at the leg of my bed. I bite my lip to hold in a scream, as I watch my words dig into her... Good. "You're not even that good... Bet your step-daddy used you up..." I release, before another swift twist in my gut winds me. She takes that one hard, dropping her jaw, and looking at me with disgust. 

"Stop it, seriously Tim." She tries again. 

"Or what? What will you do?" I test, watching her think. 

"I'll leave." She threatens, making me laugh. 

"Great! Be my fucking guest, Audrey. I can't wait to see your ass walking out that door." I test, causing her to turn her head away. She crosses her arms in front of her, but doesn't leave. "What does he give you that I don't? Your step-daddy, that is... Is it the fact that he's high out of his mind? Or maybe the fact that he's twice your fucking age? Does that turn you on, babe?" I start, trying to force her to leave. She shuts her eyes tightly, tears slipping down her cheeks. "Secret's out, babe." I add, forcing her to stand. She hovers for a second, before looking down at me. She bites her lip, before thinking of something to say. She runs blank, and rushes for the door. "Aww, what were you going to say? I was dying to know, honey!" I scream after her, stopping her in her tracks.