006 | you don't understand

Time stood still for Dom as Dr

Time stood still for Dom as Dr. Hanson ushered them to the hall where they were keeping his sister.

He watched through her window as the IV connected to her arm dripped slowly. The rise and fall of her chest comforted him somewhat.

Dr. Hanson started asking him questions from a clipboard in her hand "We believe Rosalie may have a severe concussion. The paramedic explained that you said she sustained a fall before you brought her in".

He gave her a nod as he rubbed his head while the Dr continued writing on his sister's chart, "Why didn't you bring her straight to the emergency room?".

"She had an accident yesterday. We all thought she was fine," Letty mumbled as Dr. Hanson looked at her accusingly. "She told us she was okay!"  the latina growled, but everyone who knew her heard the guilt under the anger.

Leon put his hand on her shoulder, bringing her away from the doctor, who raised an eyebrow and again wrote on the clipboard.

"Is she going to be okay?" Dom muttered quietly, almost not wanting to know the answer. He didn't even know if Rosalie had woken up yet. He could faintly hear the beeping of the machine next to her.

"She isn't in a coma, thankfully, but we still need to do some scans and tests on her to be fully sure she didn't damage her brain or skull," Dr. Hanson explained shortly.

They all heard the bite in her tone; she clearly didn't think much of them. "That's the only physical damage we can see until we scan her other than the bruises, broken arm and wound on her head which has been stitched up," Dr. Hanson added.

Stitches? Oh god, it sounded worse than they all thought.

"Can we go in and see her?" Mia asked gently as she slowly began to calm down; she just wanted to be by her sister's side no matter what this doctor thought of them.

"Yes, but then it's only two visitors maximum," The female doctor warned, scrutinizing the family, who nodded eagerly.

Dom was the first to walk into the room. He sat next to his broken sister, grabbed her hand, and put it to his lips, whispering a prayer.

The others surrounded her bedside, muttering words of comfort; she looked so small in the bed. Her face, free of any expression, made her seem like a little girl again.

Letty's eyes drift over Rosalie's still form, her eyes wandering from the bandage covering her head to I.V in her arm. Dom watched as his girlfriend's jaw tightened as her internal guilt ate at her.

He knew what she was feeling; they were her guardians. They were Rosalie's next best things to parents, and they hadn't looked after her when she needed them.

"I'm sorry," Dom whispered aloud to no one, to everyone, but he knew it didn't change a thing. He deserved the way the doc watched him as if he was an uncaring irresponsible monster.