016 | big bad wolves

The sun had gone down, and the real partying was beginning

The sun had gone down, and the real partying was beginning. Racers had all but stopped for the day and were slumming around with race rats or having fun with their friends.

My family usually chill out with beers and car talks after all the races are finished. Mia and I stay in the trailer, counting all the winnings and ensuring everything is correct.

This year was different, apparently.

All the previous drama seemed to dissipate, but it didn't stop random people from acknowledging my last name and first race. I was offered a number of things I wasn't legally allowed, but apparently, some people here didn't care or realize I was still underage.

Stopping in my tracks, I saw a few of Tran's people glancing over to me and whispering to each other, looking as if they were waiting for me to walk their way. Thinking better than to walk into that situation, I turned around quickly, ready to go and sit in the trailer with Mia.

Taking one last glance behind me, I bumped into something solid "Sorry," I apologized before I noticed it was Johhny Tran, sporting some cuts and bruises from my brother's beating.

Smirking down at me, he 'caught' me in his hands with a charismatic laugh, but I kept my face stoic. I wouldn't be fooled by any act he could pull to get back at my brother.

"Well... little Toretto," I gritted my teeth, hearing the mocking in his voice, "all alone out here with the big bad wolves and no big brother in sight" Tran continued lifting his hand up and rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"I saw your race. Pretty impressive. Winning your first race and with a broken arm, no less" He grinned jovially when I pushed his hand away from my face. "Does Dom know where you are?".

I internally shivered at his tone, but neither answer I could give right now would be the right one. I could say no and have Tran know I'm completely at his mercy, or say yes and let him try something to get back at my brother.

Either way, I'd have to get myself out of this situation quickly.

"No, I'm a big girl. I can handle a few racers who think they're better than they are. Unlike some, I don't need people to back me up," I sneered as Tran bit his cheek, subtly glancing over my shoulder.

Moving forward to walk around him, I felt his hand grab my arm and pull me towards him so we were side by side. "You could always come with me? I bet you've never been on a bike" He said with a charming smile.

I was starting to feel out of my depth.

Guys hitting on me, I could handle. Usually, racers who wanted in on our team went for the 'easier' target, but this was Johnny Tran. His and my brother's beef was way beyond popularity.

It wasn't helping that he's actually pretty cute up close.

"Why don't you let your cousin and his awful snakeskin pants sit bitch because that's the closest thing you'll be getting" I scoffed with a moment of bravery, tugging my arm out of his grip and almost speed-walking away.