Chapter 4- Trustworthy

“MUM!”

“Yeah?” my mum says walking into my room.

“Help, I need your advice again, clothing issues!!” I say sitting in a pile of clothes.

“What are you doing Violet?!” My mum says staring at me on the floor buried under the cloths.

“Trying to find something nice to wear,” I say looking down and the heap.

“Get up, tidy up then I’ll help,” she says turning on her heels and walking out.

“But-”

“No but’s.” she shouts from her room.

What do I wear?

I can’t believe he wants to date me. He’s stunning, practically a playboy. And me, well I’m just plain. No one’s ever really given me any attention, I’m always with Anna so they tend to notice her. Like Jack he couldn’t keep his eyes off her. They would suite, his short blond hair and blue eyes, complementing her long brown hair and brown eyes. It was weird they were looking at each other like they knew one another.

This is the first date I’ve ever been on, and I can’t even talk to Anna about it. She’s had experience in these thing’s, when she was younger she went on plenty of date’s. Maybe I should tell her, instead of going behind her back.

“Have you finished?” Mum says walking back into my room.

“Give me a chance,” I say folding one of my t-shirts and placing it in to my wardrobe.

“So, Why the need for my help?” She said grinning.

“Going out.” I say calmly folding a pair of jeans.

“Oh real, with who?” Her grin widening.

“Anna,” looking down I could feel her eyes on me, mums always been able to tell when I’m lying, I can’t get away with anything…usually.

“Mm-hm, and where is it you are going?” She said picking up one of my shirts and hanging it on a hanger back in my wardrobe.

“To town.” I said picking a pair of shoes up and putting them by my bedroom door.

“Ok spill.” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Pardon?” I say looking her in the eye.

“I know when you’re lying Violet, you’re going on a date aren’t you?!” She said grabbing hold of me in a very tight hug.

“Honestly mum, I am just meeting Anna, sorry to disappoint you.” I say letting her go. I can could see that she didn’t believe me, because she had that twinkle in her eye, she always has a twinkle when she’s being mischievous.

“Fine…fine your meeting Anna, let’s find something nice for you to wear then.” She said putting the last pail of folded clothes back in my wardrobe.

We eventually decided on a pair of light blue high wasted jeans, a white crop top with a badge leather jacket and a pair badge dolly’s.

“You look killer,” Mum said smiling at me.

“Umm thanks mum.” I said looking at myself in the mirror. I actually felt nice, comfortable  for the first time since I was a kid, and that was when I didn’t give a crap about my appearance.

“He’s a lucky boy.” She said putting her hand on my shoulder.

“No I’m a foolish girl.” I said without thinking. “OH wait um I mean…”