Eight

"Alpha Magnus, you wanted to see me?" I calmly asked.

I stared at him, he looked like he was distressed. Under his eyes have dark circles just like mine and he looked like he is sick.

"Are you okay?" He worriedly asked.

"Of course, Alpha."

"Don't lie to me, I felt your sickness. We are mates Ahyoka, whenever you get sick, I get sick too. Whenever you feel sad, I feel sad too. Whenever you feel angry, I feel the same way, just like when you got scared when you first saw me, I felt the same way, I was scared too."

I was surprised of what Alpha Magnus told me. So we were like connected, I didn't know that, not until now.

"I have to go back to my tribe for awhile. It's true, I'm not feeling well," I said.

He looked at me and he looked like he wanted to protest. So, I told him I must go back to my tribe to ask a witch about a weird vision in my dream.

"Okay, be sure to get back before dawn. I can't afford to lose you in my sight,"

What? What does he mean he can't afford to lose me? Why am I affected with his words? My heart is racing rapidly and I don't even know why.

"You know why, once you are not with your mate for how many days, you'll slowly die." He explained.

Oh, that's why. I thought he meant something else. What am I thinking?!

I nodded in reply and left his office. I immediately left the house after that conversation with the Alpha.

I hurriedly walked through the woods since my time is running. If I couldn't reach my tribe before the full moon, it's too late. The witch in our tribe won't entertain any people because she will sleep for one month. If I can't go there on time, then, it'll be too late, all my questions won't be answered and I won't let that happen.

Thank the gods I travelled when the sun is not still rising or else my time would be limited and I do not have the strength to walk if I travelled when the sun set. My body felt numb and the atmosphere is getting colder.

As I walked and walked as fast as I can, I noticed the familiar hills. I'm here, I can't believe I am finally back in my tribe.

I run through the hills until I reach above the top, my smile faded when I took a glimpse of my tribe, it was destroyed.

---
"What happened here?" I asked.

"The chief was sick, Ahyoka. When he got sick, the tribe is slowly falling apart. And, how come you are in here? Did you managed to escape from the moon people?" Samara asked.

"No, I asked a favor towards the Alpha to go back here in the tribe for awhile because I'm sick too. Well, there's also another reason why I came here because I need to talk to the witch." I said.

"Well, you're in luck. She's still awake and you can now talk to her in her tent." Samara said.

I nodded in reply and proceeded to the witch's tent. As I entered her abode, her tent was not like the rest of the tents in the tribe, it was filled with unusual lights and potions. Her glowing crystal ball in the center illuminates the tent and it was unbelievably magical to look at.

"You should've escaped from the moon people child," an elderly woman spoke.

I walked closer to see the witch, and I was right, she is indeed a very old person.

"Why is that?"

"Did you observed your dreams lately, child? That will happen if you will continue to mate with that beast." The witch calmly said.

"No, why would I stay away from him if I am destined to be with him anyway?" I stubbornly asked.

She timidly looked at me with her stormy grey eyes and said, "Fate can be very tricky, my child. Fate is somewhat like a very mischievous being. It loves to play devious charades and right now, your beast and you, yourself are in the middle of the game of fate."

"I, I don't understand what you are talking about."

"Think about it, child. Think about your dream. Moon people running for their lives, you having the claw of the beast, and your beast, he will become more powerful, more stronger, more lethal."

I stood up frozen on my pace for a moment. Does that mean, if I continue to be with him, I would turn to be like him too? But that's impossible. I am a mortal, and it is impossible to be like him.

"Impossible! Those dreams, were unrecognizable at all! They were kind of blurry." Ahyoka disagreed.

The witch looked at me with a blank expression in her face and yet, this was her last words before I left in her tent.

"Well, all I can say to you is, good luck."

_______________________
Author's note:
Hey guys!
Sorry for the cliff hanger but anyway, here's a quick update.
I've been busy with my other books actually.

While waiting, you can also read my new story, "A Kiss of Darkness" (Greek mythology)
You can find it on my profile.

While waiting, you can also read my new story, "A Kiss of Darkness" (Greek mythology)You can find it on my profile

Also, "Midnight Escapade" (Theme: Fairytale/Cinderella story) available on Radish my username is still the same.

Stay tuned for the next update!

And don't forget to vote and comment!

xoxo,
Cupid_princess16