Twenty Three

The rogues that attacked the Equinox pack retreated and the pack warriors went back inside the hall. Callum was carrying a familiar girl in his arm.

Wait. I know that girl.

She was covered with bruises and fresh wounds in her body. Who did this to her? What happened?

"Callum? What happened to her? She looks, unwell." I said, carefully selecting some words.

He looks like a mess to be honest, he was panicking. Clearly, he don't know what to do, where to start. He finally met his mate but it was in a bad moment. I called the pack doctor to check if she is okay since she really looks like she's in a bad shape.

The pack doctor suggested Callum to bring her in the pack doctor's clinic to properly check her.
.
.
.
.

"She's finally stable." The pack doctor said.

"When will she wake up? Does she need some serious surgery?" Callum worriedly asked.

"Fortunately, none. Her wounds and bruises will heal in no time since us werewolves tend to heal quickly. Just wait for her to wake up. You can take a rest now, Callum." The pack doctor said.

"No, I must stay here. I want to watch my mate," Callum said.

"Alright. Suit yourself, I'll go home now. You too, Ahyoka."

"I'll stay here too," I replied.

I wanted to wait too, since I want to talk to her. I have so many questions to ask from her. Callum was holding her hand tightly. I can sense that he was really tense. I feel bad for Callum. He met his mate in this situation. From what I heard, meeting your mate should be special, it should be the most wonderful experience.

I can't help myself but to think about Alpha Magnus. How is he? Is he okay? I really want to see him but, meeting him is chaotic. I miss him so much.

"H-hey! She moved!" Callum said.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings and was shocked when she saw Callum.

"W-who are you— Ahyoka?"

"Wait, you two know each other?" Callum asked, he was obviously surprised.

"Glad your awake, Lily. I have a question, what happened to my mate?" I asked.

Her eyes went wide and her expression changed into a disappointing looked.

"Your mate was captured by a witch and was forced to be locked up in a cell. That's why I was wondering in the woods to search for you, Ahyoka! We need to save—" before she could speak, she collapsed.

Callum was in panic mode once again. But here I am, still surprised of what I heard from Lilly's mouth. My mate. He's in danger. I must save him. I really must save him before it's too late!

"My mate! My mate! I have to go, I have to—"

"Ahyoka snap out! I know your mate is in danger but looking in your situation, you haven't still improve. You still need training. Work hard so that you can save your mate," Callum said.

And that made me snap out.

"It's easy for you to say, Callum! You finally had your mate with you, but my mate, who was treated like a monster needs me! You already know when you are not near with your mate, you both die, Callum! I can't let him suffer more!" I burst out. I did not realized I cried.

Callum was stunned. He looked at me with a surprise expression and even I was surprised. Before he could speak I run outside and shifted into my lycan form. I decided to run towards the forest and let out all of my emotions that are playing in my mind.

This is all my fault. My mate is suffering because of me. If only there wasn't a prophecy, or that curse. Maybe, I will live normally with my mate?

Magnus, where are you? I hope you are not suffering right now. Thinking about you in pain makes my heart ache. I can't stand it. But I'm still too weak to be near you.

Suddenly, I heard a nearby bush was rustling. Someone's following me. I looked at my surroundings carefully, preparing myself to attack.

"Where are you? Show yourself, coward!"

Footsteps approaching towards my direction and I saw a figure of a man. No, it's not a man, but it's a vampir.

"Well, well. If it isn't my lucky day? Finally I can catch a lycan in my own bare hands!" He sneered.

"In your dreams!" I growled.

"That won't be necessary," he smirked.

He ran towards me and was about to attack, but I jumped towards him and tore his arms off.

"You beast! How dare you! Just wait, I will also tear you apart!" He retreated and disappeared.

I know that his arms will grow back. Vampirs are like starfish. When one of his arms or legs are cut off, it'll grow back.

I know I defeated that vampir but I'm not that strong enough. Callum's right, I have to train to prepare for the upcoming war and to save my mate.

"Ahyoka! I sensed a vampir nearby, are you okay?"

I looked around and saw Alpha Axellion walking towards me while bringing a lamp.

"I'm okay, I just tore his arm as you can see," I said while pointing the vampir's arm on the ground.

"That's great. But why are you here at night? You know it's dangerous roaming around in the woods at this hour," Alpha Axellion said, scolding me like he's my father.

"I was just, letting my emotions out." I explained.

"I heard that you were having a fight with Callum," he said.

"Not really. But I should apologize to Callum later."

"What happened?" He asked while we were walking back towards the pack.

"I kind of burst out because of my mate. Callum's mate was my mate's pack member. I burst out because my mate is in danger," I explained.

"Oh, I get it."

"I want to save my mate." I said.

"Then you must train harder tomorrow then," Alpha Axellion said while he stopped walking.

"Of course. I'll be going then. Good night, Alpha Axellion."

He smiled at me and replied, "Good night, Ahyoka."

_______________________
A/N:
Hey guys! Really sorry for updating really late because of writer's block. Since it's quarantine I tend to try and return in writing.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

xoxo.