Chapter Seven | Safe and Sound

"Even if the sky is falling down,
I know that we'll be safe and sound"

»«

Despite what Megatron and Ratchet had said, Dana didn't instantly die from inhalation of toxic chemicals.

Staying at the beginning vortext of the Spacebridge, she half expected Megatron to come stepping through as well, which would probably kill her in the process. But it was a risk she was all too willing to take.  And she didn't dare go back, not until Arcee knew what was coming.

Her breaths were long and slow, carefully testing what each breath felt like. She suspected that the closer to Cybertron she got, the more painful it would be; but right now she didn't feel any sort of discomfort or pain from the air. Taking that as a good sign, she took a few steps forward, then took out her phone.

"No signal." She muttered. "Honestly not surprised. Stupid Verizon."

Pocketing the device, she waited for what seemed like ages, unsure of Megatron would eventually lose his patience and walk through, or just assume she was dead.

Adrenalin was still pumping through her veins due to that encounter. He had ever moment to crush her, yet something was holding him back. Perhaps the warlord was just as curious about her as she was of him? She grinned a little at that. She hoped that more encounters would soon come to pass, and she couldn't wait. An idea grew in the back of her mind; one which seemed incredibly dangerous, and yet so very fun.

Despite being so small, she felt she could dance around him, tease him, taunt him, push his limits, see just how far she could go. If something was holding him back, she wanted to know what it was.

Dana was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts by the rev of an engine coming through the other side, and she braced for anything, be it Arcee or that Insecticon she had been fighting earlier.

The motorcycle that burst through skidded to a stop, Arcee transforming and landing heavily on her feet, her optics wide.

"Dana! You're not supposed to be here!" She hissed.

"Arcee!" The human girl wasted no time. "Megatron is on the other side of that portal. I came in here to warn you. He wants to steal and destroy the Matrix of Leadership!"

Arcee paused, taking it all in, glaring at the other side of the Spacebridge. "The Matrix is safe with Jack. I'm going in first. You need to get out of here the moment I disappear. The air in here is at dangerous levels."

She blinked in surprise. "I haven't noticed anything."

"Well, in about thirty seconds you're probably going to begin to feel the effects of slow oxygen deprivation." Arcee replied matter-of-factly. "So let's stop wasting time." She transformed into her motorcycle again and sped back around, getting a good distance before she revved her engine and charged through the Spacebridge, just in time to intercept Megatron from ending Orion Pax.

Jack popped in a few moments later, his eyes wide. "Dana?"

"Yeah yeah, we've already been through this." She grabbed his arm, now beginning to feel a little vertigo. "We need to get out of here, now!" As they ran back to the Spacebridge command center, she began seeing dots. How did Arcee know?