Chapter Twenty-Five | Bargaining

"See, I abducted you,
So I tell you what to do,
What to do, what to do"

»«

The doors to Ratchet's holding cell opened with a quiet whoosh, the hiss quickly replaced by the slow, heavy steps of the Decepticon warlord. The medic immediately glared, his servos curling into fists.

"If you think I'm going to help you, whatever it may be, you're wrong." He seethed.

Megatron tilted his helm to the side and have the medic a shark's grin.

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure, doctor." He stalked toward the medic, using his size to tower over him and intimidate. "Because I have an offer you cannot refuse."

"Dana." Ratchet narrowed his optics, feel a chill run through his muscle cables. This was the whole reason for her kidnapping. To persuade him to do whatever Megatron wanted. Why did he wait for almost an entire Earth month, though?

"She is a part of it, yes." The warlord admitted. "However, it is not her that I am bargaining with, in a sense." There was a pause, then he continued. "Shockwave is creating a device that will bridge the gap between the broken section of her spinal cable. It is nearly complete, but there is a problem. Because it runs on energon, it needs a power source, a pump if you will. A spark."

Stunned silence filled the room, Ratchet taking his time to try and figure out what exactly Megatron meant, while also wrapping his processor around the fact that Megatron and Shockwave were helping a mere human. He took several intakes before speaking.

"What do you mean, a spark?" He questioned slowly, not committing to everything.

"Exactly what you think. The mechanism requires a spark. However, because the mechanism is so small, it is unable to take a fully developed one." Megatron folded his servos behind his back, staring down at Ratchet. "Thus, it requires but a sliver."

Ratchet suppressed a growl, glaring at him. "And so you came to take mine. Of course you would be too selfish to do it yourself!"

Megatron leaned closer to him, a silent warning. "I would have, medic, had my spark not been tainted with dark energon. The risks are too great. And I do not trust any of my inferiors to be sufficient donors themselves. So the task falls to you, should you agree to donate."

"And if I don't?"

"She doesn't walk." Came the ultimatum. "And I am sure we can find some other use for you, doctor. Perhaps the location of your newest base?"

Resisting the urge to give Megatron the punch he deserved, Ratchet took another large intake. "Fine. I will donate."

"Excellent. Knock Out will be here shortly with the containment unit." Megatron looked pleased, Ratchet silently cursing him.

For Dana. And only for Dana.

»«

Klindeston did he best to control his breathing and not hyperventilate, instead focusing on the floor - or, he supposed, the giant robot table - at his feet, feeling his entire body tremble in fear.