Imagine #23 (Requested)

A/N: This is an imagine for Sarah91t ,thanks for requesting!

Word Count: 1126 words

Sarah's POV
________
You were sitting in your apartment doing nothing and you were bored. You decided to go on Instagram and just scroll through your feed. Your phone started ringing, it was your older brother Dylan. "Hey, what's up!" You asked. "Hey Sarah I was wondering if you could babysit Lily for me because I have to go out today?" he said. "Yeah sure I'll be right over!". You turned off your phone, grabbed your bag and headed to your brothers house. You quickly texted Damon before you went into the house.

Me :

Hey Damon, I cant come over today because I'm babysitting Lily xx

Damon :

It's okay, I'll call you later xx

You walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. You waited until Dylan answered the door. "Hey Dylan, where is she?" you hugged your older brother as he closed the door. "She's waiting for you in the living room. I'll be gone for a couple of hours. Oh and make sure to cook her dinner!" he closed the door and walked off to his car. You went into the living room to see your 4 year old niece Lily sitting playing with her Barbie's. "Sarah!!" she ran up to you squeezing you in a hug. "Hey! So what do you wanna do while I'm here?" you said sitting on the couch. "Finger painting!" she exclaimed. "Sure thing. Why don't you go get the paint while I make you lunch" you stood up and walked into the kitchen while Lily ran upstairs to get her paint. You looked in the cupboards to see what you could make but there was nothing there you could cook. Lily came into the kitchen with the paint. "Why don't we order pizza after this instead?" you asked. "Yummy!!!". You both started to paint your pictures while watching cartoons.

Damon's POV

___________

Sarah texted me saying she couldn't make it over today. Perfect, I needed time to find Stefan. He had gone on another bender but this time it was the worse he has ever been. I began searching in the woods, that's where he would hide when he was covered in blood. Not here either. I've been looking for hours now so I headed back to the boarding house.

Sarah POV

_________

Me and Lily were done painting and I decided to see if Damon wanted to have pizza with us.

Me :

Hey do you wanna come over to Dylan's and have pizza with me and Lily? xx

Damon :

Sure I'll be right over xx

You ordered the pizza and set down your phone. "Okay Lily lets get you washed up" you took her to the bathroom to wash up. You turned on the sink tap and started washing her hands. You smiled and started splashing her with the water. She started screaming and laughing. "That's not fair Sarah!" she then splashed water on you, you were both now soaking. You laughed as you got a towel and dried up. You just started thinking about how you and Damon will never be able to have kids. You thought that you could never have this, you would never be able to finger paint with your kids, you would never get to send your kids to school. You would never have anything you started to tear up but the doorbell rang. "Lily go into the living room while I answer the door". Before you opened the door you wiped away your tears. "Hey Damon". "Hey babe" he pulled you into a kiss. You walked into the sitting room and sat down on the couch. "Damon!!!" Lily screamed as she ran into Damon arms. He picked her up "Hey Lily" he said. "Do you wanna paly Barbie with me?" she asked. "Yeah sure" he picked up one of the Barbie's and started playing. Lily had a crush on Damon, it was kinda cute. When you looked at Damon playing with Lily it saddened you. Seeing him being all parental, but it was unrealistic for you and him to be parents. The doorbell rang again so you answered it. It was the pizza guy. You gave him the money and took the pizza from him. You served the pizza and ate it with Damon and Lily. When you were done the pizza you put Lily to bed. It was now around 10:00 pm. The doorbell rang a third time, and this time it was Dylan. "She's in bed, and there is leftover pizza on the counter" you said picking up your stuff. "Thanks for babysitting" he said. "No problem". You and Damon drove back to his house and in the car he told you about Stefan. He was worried. "Don't worry Damon I'm sure he'll be back at the boarding house right now" you squeezed his hand comfortingly. You closed the car door and sat in front of the fireplace with Damon's arm wrapped around you. "Damon...I have something I want to get off my chest" you looked up at your handsome boyfriend and he look back down at you. "You know you can tell me anything Sarah". "Well...today when we were babysitting Lily it made me think abou--" you were cut off by Stefan walking into the parlour covered in blood. "Stefan, I see you've been busy" Damon said standing up. "You've been busy too brother, your girlfriend is obviously upset that she will never be able to have kids" Stefan said smiling. " I mean come on, babysitting is a living, breathing reminder that you'll never be able to have kids. Is it like a coping mechanism? Well you'd never be a good mother anyways so what's the point of a trial run?" Stefan was grinning. Damon was fuming. You ran upstairs crying. You laid down on Damon's bed crying your eyes out. You heard arguing and shouting downstairs and glass being smashed. Soon later there was a knock on the door, it opened and it was Damon. You sat up and wiped away your tears for what seemed like the 1000th time today. He kneeled down in front of you and said "I'm sorry about Stefan, he didn't mean it". "When I was babysitting Lily today it made me think that I would never be able to have kids" you were starting to tear up again but you held them back. Damon took your hands and looked into your eyes "I'm sorry that I'm the reason that you'll never be able to have kids but I know that you would be the best mom ever" he pulled you into a long passionate kiss. "I love you" you said. "I love you too".