8

❝you're my mortal flaw and i'm your fatal sin.❞

F L A S H B A C K   C H A P T E R

[MYSTIC FALLS
999]

"No fair Elijah, you cheated!" Veronica yelled at him as Elijah only shrugged smiling to her. "What if I did?"

Veronica couldn't stop her smile as she laughed. "So you admit your defeat?" Elijah smiled as he wrapped his arms around her spinning the girl in his arms. Veronica laughed in excitement, placing her hands around his neck.

Elijah stopped as he looked into her eyes as she did the same. Veronica coughed a bit, as she felt her feet back on the ground again. "Once more Mr. Mikaelson?" She challenged him, raising one of her brows as Elijah chuckled.

They both grabbed their wooden practice swords, just to be sure they wouldn't hurt each other. They fought and dodged each others attacks until Veronica hit his side as she yelled in excitement caused by her victory.

"You did not let me win, did you?" Veronica asked narrowing her eyes at him, as he only smiled. "It was a fair game. You have improved Veronica."

Veronica looked down at her feet as she bit back her smile. They had known each other for two months now, and Veronica felt attracted to him, yet she could not say if the  feelings were mutual.

"It was nice to practice with you Elijah, but now I must go." She said to him curtseying playfully as he bowed to her.

"My pleasure." He said as Veronica giggled. "It's always your pleasure."

○○○

Veronica kept walking to her house as she saw Reese waiting for her. Frowning she walked to him as he held a scowl on his face.

"Where were you sister? I was getting slightly worried." He said taking ahold of her hand. Seeing the look on her face Reese frowned. "You were with that Mikaelson man, weren't you?"

Veronica's face dropped as she looked up at him. "No I was not." She said to her older brother sternly, but he didn't believe it even though his little sister was the queen of lies.

"Father or mother may believe your lies, but I will not tolerate it." Reese said back as Veronica scoffed pulling her hand out of his grip as she walked to their tiny house, ignoring her parents calls. She was always one to disobey. She shut the door quietly to her room as she sat down on her bed. She sighed, as she trailed her own skin. Veronica could still feel his warm touch on her skin. It was like magnet that kept pulling them together.

She smiled to herself until she heard a knock on her door. She stood up abrudtly as she faced her mother. Veronica's mother always believed her and allowed her to fall in love, and not to be forced into marriage.

"Veronica, dear. Are you okay?" Her mother asked as Veronica smiled, her mother could see the love in her eyes.

"Is it that Mikaelson boy?" Veronica nodded as her mother smiled. "I see you've been with him a lot lately."

Veronica nodded again as her mother motioned her to sit down in front of a large and a long mirror. Her mother started brushing her hair smiling. "I'd like to meet him someday."

Veronica blushed a bit. "You will mother." As her mother continued to brush her hair and braiding it Veronica couldn't stop thinking about Elijah. "He is a gentleman. Very funny and kind." She smiled dreamily as her mother saw her smile. Veronica's mother might have been strict sometimes but she loved her children more than anything. But their father was one to say orders, and sometimes Veronica felt like he didn't even care, except about Reese.

"Do you love him?" Veronica looked at her mother reflection from the mirror as she tried to find the right words for her question.

"That's a strong word mother." She said to her as her mother only laughed. "Yes, deny your love then." With that she left the room, leaving Veronica alone as she thought about Elijah.