24

❝are you a camera? because everytime i look at you, i smile❞

• FLASHBACK CHAPTER •

[CHICAGO,
1678]

Veronica walked in the central, as many men smiled at her trying to flirt with her an what not, sadly for them the girl was oblivious. After William and many other men she decided to stop trying, everytime Elijah ruined everything. Even when she didn't feel attraction towards the men but they offered her jewels, warmth and mostly, normal human life.

She saw the one she was trying to look for as she hunted him in the shadows. Veronica had heard some intel from Reese that this particular man was in charge, of killing someone who was important to Reese. And she volunteered to kill the man.

She looked at him, trying to go unnoticed. Walking past him as she slightly bumped into him making her 'drop' her tiny purse. The man apologised picking it up from the ground as he looked into her eyes, his smile widening. "I apologise, Miss...?"

Veronica smiled kindly taking the purse from his hands. "Young. Miss Young." She smiled as he took her hand in his, kissing it.

"It's a pleasure Miss Young. I hope we meet soon again." He smiled before walking away as Veronica scowled looking at him. She walked throgh the streets until someone pulled her behind a wall to a corner.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked her as Veronica smiled kissing him. "Yes my dear."

Elijah frowned a bit, as he kissed her back. "I don't want you to feel regret of killing this man." Veronica scoffed looking at him. "I won't."

"And I don't want him to touch you like that." Veronica smiled shaking her head a bit. "Is the noble, famous Elijah Mikaelson jealous of some pathetic, pitiful human?"

Elijah shook his head smirking a bit as he kissed her again. "Why would I be?"

OKAY BUT YEAH THIS IS SHORT.