Jason Grace (Part 2)

JASON'S POV:
I decided to take (Y/N) to my favourite spot; I discovered it a year ago when I needed to get away from all the stress surrounding me. As praetor and a son of Jupiter, there is a lot of weight put on my shoulders.
The spot is hidden on the north side of the field of Mars. (Y/N) keeps looking at her white converse as we walk through the deserted field. I do not attempt to speak to her, knowing that she needs time to cope with her loss. I struggled with this a few months ago, the week before (Y/N) got to camp.....

"Jason! Would you hurry up? This quest needs to be done by tonight!" Zach screams at me, but in a hush tone.
"Zach, if we rush and don't think about what we are doing, we will get killed." I shoot back at him. This quest has taken us over two weeks to complete. We are on our way back after taking feathers from a sphinx.
"This quest is pathetic!" Zach begins, "Grabbing a few feathers from a sphinx to cure a poison was the easiest thing I have ever done in my life!"
"Zach, it may seem that way but trust me, we are saving lives be doing this! And who knows, a monster could come attack us at anytime to make this more entertaining for you." I say sarcastically, hoping to shut him up. As I predicted, a monster appeared out of the trees. Nothing I have ever fought before, or heard of.
"What is that?" Zach asked me.
"I have no idea." I reply before I charge for the monster. It all happened at once, and I remember everything going blurry.
I heard a scream. My vision cleared once I scanned my surroundings, "Zach!" I called out.
I searched around hoping to find his body alive. Nothing. He seemed to have disappeared, but I continue to search for Zach.

Within a week of my return to camp, no one found Zach's body. We assumed he was dead because we couldn't find anything to prove the point of his death wrong. Everyone kept coming to me asking if I was okay or what they could do to help, but they never realized the only things I needed was time and space. They expected too much from me too quickly which led to my explosion.

My 'spot' consists of a large tree to climb that has a terrific view of the field and camp. I could sit there for hours thinking and enjoying my own company. I have never shared the 'spot' with anyone, so I hope (Y/N) likes it.
"This is your spot?" (Y/N) asks me.
"Yeah, I know it isn't much but I thought it would be good because of the situation." I state.
"The situation is that my brother is dead. There is no need to say it like that." (Y/N) fires back.
"I just didn't want to be rude..." I begin before I was interrupted.
"Jason, you have always been rude to me! But I have no idea why you are being nice now, because in a month when everyone forgets about my brother's death, you will go back to being mean and disrespectful!" (Y/N) yells at me.
"(Y/N), I never meant for my actions to come off as harsh or mean, because I never wish to treat anyone, especially you, like that." I say in a calm, respectful tone.
"You would laugh at me when I messed up, or if I got picked on by other campers for something, you stand by and watch and never do anything to help!"
"I regret all of the stupid mistakes I have made, and wished I was better friends with you from the beginning."
"No you don't. You are just saying that because Hayden is dead." (Y/N) fires at me.
As (Y/N) keeps getting more angry at me for the way I have treated her, I realize my feelings. I kept hiding my true feelings for her by being rude and harsh.
"(Y/N), you need to know that I never meant for you to take my actions in the wrong way."
"Whatever." She says before climbing up the tree to find a spot to sit. I contemplate whether she wants me to come sit with her and comfort her, or if she needs space. I think back to the situation with Zach and try to remember how I felt.
After a couple of minutes, I choose to climb the tree towards (Y/N).
"Look. I am tired of arguing with you, can we at least try and get along for five minutes?" I ask her, hoping I can make her laugh.
"Not possible." She replies with a soft giggle.